Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

friends again with my ex boyfriend but still in love with him Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    we decided to become friends again after we had broken up but i still have feelings for him is it best to stay friends or is there any chance of being back together i dont want to lose him either way.

ReputationRep:
    It's best to cut him out until you're over him, and then you can think about being friends with him again.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't distort what is actually happening into something you want to happen. You broke up for a reason, the relationship is over and you can't force yourselves back together.

You definitely shouldn't try to remain friends with someone you're still in love with, you're just inviting pain into your life.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have, I dunno, a circle that would be horribly affected if you weren't friends or kids etc then there isn't really a reason to stay friends with them.

Break ups can be pretty tough and they can leave you feeling vulnerable. How you feel now may be affected by your break up, you might not be missing him for him, maybe you feel lonely or still attached to him which aren't good reasons alone for getting back with someone that you broke up with.

I think you need some time with him out of your life and if you clear your head, maybe think about other people and he's still attractive to you, that's when you should think about it (if he hasn't moved on in the process).

ReputationRep:
    We don't know your story.

More detail needed.

Why did you break up? Whose ideas it was to remain friends?

C'mon OP, fill us up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    We don't know your story.

More detail needed.

Why did you break up? Whose ideas it was to remain friends?

C'mon OP, fill us up.
    basically we broke up cuz he was busy and i kept messaging him loads but it was his decision to stayed friends for a while and see how it goes and then had problems then we werent talking for months but now he forgave me and we was friends again but he knows i love him still.

ReputationRep:
    Much as anyone would presumably find themselves hard-pressed to conjure up a fully-formed packet of Walker's crisps from nothing more than E-numbers and panache, I similarly lack the ability to construct an instant psychic snapshot of your relationship based on the breathtakingly generic and almost totally uninformative list of 'ingredients' provided.

Please, for the love of God, learn how to ****ing summarise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    basically we broke up cuz he was busy and i kept messaging him loads but it was his decision to stayed friends for a while and see how it goes and then had problems then we werent talking for months but now he forgave me and we was friends again but he knows i love him still.
    In this case, I totally think you two still have a great chance of being a successful couple again but maybe not now, but at some point in the future. Looks like you just two met at a wrong time.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't provided enough detail. If neither of you has significantly wronged each other then you would do well to communicate the way you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    In this case, I totally think you two still have a great chance of being a successful couple again but maybe not now, but at some point in the future. Looks like you just two met at a wrong time.
    Thanks again ananaz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Haven't provided enough detail. If neither of you has significantly wronged each other then you would do well to communicate the way you feel
    When has that ever worked in the real world :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know the full story so i wont assume much . However from experience i would suggest you too take some time to get over him if he shows no interest to get back together . try to divert your attention else where for sometime . he would understand it .
    anyways i wish you two the best of luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    When has that ever worked in the real world :rolleyes:
    You'd be surprised how potent historic connections (and associated nostalgia/fantasies/feeling of [social/emotional] loss) can be in the psychosexuality of young people. It can really focus minds on action :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You'd be surprised how potent historic connections (and associated nostalgia/fantasies/feeling of [social/emotional] loss) can be in the psychosexuality of young people. It can really focus minds on action :curious:
    Been there,done that and it's never worked for me unfortunately. Some people just don't care to want to carry things on from where they left off. I lost the love of my life,I took action and did it work in my favour? Nope,had the door slammed at my face instead

ReputationRep:
    I asked if there was a chance in the future and he said nah and I said why and he said he don't want to and I asked him what he wants from me he said to be friends

ReputationRep:
    I asked if there was a chance in the future and he said nah and I said why and he said he don't want to and I asked him what he wants from me he said to be friends
    You need to move on and forget about him. Nothing good will come out of being friends with him or trying to get back together with him, especially after seeing your other post where you're being manipulated by him to pay for his phone because it was "your fault he smashed it in anger". You also need to get help for your mental health if you haven't already.#

If you don't take this advise then I'm not sure why you're even posting on this forum if you're just going to do what you want anyway, the majority of people in your posts have given this advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    You need to move on and forget about him. Nothing good will come out of being friends with him or trying to get back together with him, especially after seeing your other post where you're being manipulated by him to pay for his phone because it was "your fault he smashed it in anger". You also need to get help for your mental health if you haven't already.#

If you don't take this advise then I'm not sure why you're even posting on this forum if you're just going to do what you want anyway, the majority of people in your posts have given this advice.
    Ok sorry

ReputationRep:
    Ok sorry
    There is no need to apologise to me, it's yourself you're hurting in the long run by not ditching this loser from your life not me. You deserve better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.