Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to study maths and economics at university; however, I am unsure of the requirements. I am aiming for universities like LSE, UCL, Durham and Warwick. From my research I have generally found that an A* in maths is a must but I am unsure as to whether AEA or STEP are needed. I have taken maths, further maths, physics and chemistry for A-Level. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (student))
    I am hoping to study maths and economics at university; however, I am unsure of the requirements. I am aiming for universities like LSE, UCL, Durham and Warwick. From my research I have generally found that an A* in maths is a must but I am unsure as to whether AEA or STEP are needed. I have taken maths, further maths, physics and chemistry for A-Level. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Top Places require double A* in Maths and Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (student))
    For the course maths and economics I think double A* in maths and further maths is needed but I wasn't sure if AEA or STEP will be needed in addition to this.
    Also for pure economics the impression I got was A in further maths is acceptable.
    for warwick I think you need AEA/STEP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    for warwick I think you need AEA/STEP
    Okay-thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.