Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I am lucky enough an offer-holder for both LSE's BA in Geography and UCL's new BASc degree. I know this is not a bad problem to have, but I am really having trouble choosing my favourite. I get the general impression that LSE will get me where I want to go but at the cost of a pretty boring and very tough three years. UCL looks like more of a risk in terms of after the course but maybe more enjoyable? Does anyone who has undertaken these courses have any advice or LSE/UCL students more generally have any words of wisdom? Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    'LSE vs LSE' seems like you've got your mind made up :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    'LSE vs LSE' seems like you've got your mind made up :bigsmile:
    Woops! Any ideas how to change the title!?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say London met

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAhAHHAAH

ReputationRep:
    I would go for which ever one would open up more employment prospects/get me where I want to be in the future. 3 tough years for a career you want is worth it in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    I would go for which ever one would open up more employment prospects/get me where I want to be in the future. 3 tough years for a career you want is worth it in my opinion.
    LSE then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuddyBlondie)
    Hi All,

I am lucky enough an offer-holder for both LSE's BA in Geography and UCL's new BASc degree. I know this is not a bad problem to have, but I am really having trouble choosing my favourite. I get the general impression that LSE will get me where I want to go but at the cost of a pretty boring and very tough three years. UCL looks like more of a risk in terms of after the course but maybe more enjoyable? Does anyone who has undertaken these courses have any advice or LSE/UCL students more generally have any words of wisdom? Many thanks in advance
    Depends on your career plans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Depends on your career plans.
    I hope to go into NGO Development stuff and maybe the UN!

ReputationRep:
    I hope to go into NGO Development stuff and maybe the UN!
    UN requires a postgraduate degree. Knowing that a BSc or BA is not enough you can plan ahead.

ReputationRep:
    UN requires a postgraduate degree. Knowing that a BSc or BA is not enough you can plan ahead.
    That's good to know. Hopefully both degrees will equip me well - LSE seems to have better links for internships etc. though

ReputationRep:
    That's good to know. Hopefully both degrees will equip me well - LSE seems to have better links for internships etc. though
    Either is good. Geography may be more directly relevant. Together with a MSc you will demonstrate focus, commitment and be well positioned.

ReputationRep:
    Either is good. Geography may be more directly relevant. Together with a MSc you will demonstrate focus, commitment and be well positioned.
    Perfect! Cheers for the advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.