Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm currently studying for my A Levels and hope to be attending the University of Manchester in September 2016to study Politics and Sociology. The rent for halls is sooo expensive, so I'm considering renting elsewhere that'll be much cheaper. I'm looking for people who may be considering the same thing as me; If you are, please do message me!

ReputationRep:
    Same thing here.. I don't think I'll be able to afford the accommodation offerd from the University itself.
    So I took a look at this page: http://www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/Accommodation
    but I dont know how confidential those accommodations are though ..

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've looked at this page:
    http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/Manchester.asp
    The problem is that the accommodation on offer is typically for groups, and I obviously don't know anybody yet.

ReputationRep:
    You could find a flatmate on spareroom.co.uk. I'm also thinking of not staying in halls but I'm getting the impression it's where you form a social life..

ReputationRep:
    I'm also hoping to study Politics and Sociology at Manchester, snap!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, hopefully see you there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing politics and sociology staying it halls though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiepotaty)
    I'm also doing politics and sociology staying it halls though!
    Yeah, I reckon I'll just stay in halls too. Less hassle, I guess!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.