The Student Room Group

My EPQ grade marked down to a B and I needed an A for my uni course!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with my current situation.
I'm in year 13 currently and I completed the EPQ in June 2015. I received my 'unofficial' mark back in September 2015 and I was told by my supervisor I had achieved a Grade A. I asked for my mark and I was told 41. I also asked how secure is my grade and my supervisor was adamant that if anything, my grade would go up. My supervisor is a learned EPQ marker and so I felt I was able to trust her.
One of my top uni courses is at Birmingham where the requirements are A*AA however this could be lowered to AAA with an A in the EPQ. I wrote plenty about my EPQ in my personal statement, feeling sure I'd receive an offer from Birmingham, which I did!
The huge problem is, in January this year my entire year group's official EPQ grade were knocked down by 3 marks, making my EPQ grade a B. Now I was extremely angry and concerned at this and when I asked my supervisor about a remark she said that the school paid for a full remark by AQA and the grades remained the same. My individual EPQ was not moderated by AQA and so I feel so disheartened by this.
I think A*AA is a long stretch for me and AAB-AAA seems more doable at the moment. Can anyone advise me on what to do about this predicament?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest