stressed:( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi, I've reached a breaking point where I'm starting to give up with everything,life, my gcse's..
The exams are less than 3 months away, and I haven't started any solid revision, which puts me in a bad position. The advice I'm expecting is, 'oh just learn, do this.. blah blah...' But I can't study- it's becoming impossible for me. The stress is getting to me because everyone expects me to get A*s in everything, and I'm trying I just want to do my best.

However, I'm not doing my best. I tried making a timetable, but I couldn't stick to it. I'm violent know too, and I have mood changes, and I don't even know why. I've started overeating recently and I feel bad about myself (sorry if this sounds silly) Please can someone give me advice on how to have a positive mindset, work hard, reduce stress and be fit and how they achieved A*-As in their GCSE's? Thanks, I appreciate it x
user73867
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GCSE's are completely unimportant unless you're applying to Oxford.

Sorry to tell you this, but they really don't matter as long as you do ok. Universities will look at your A-levels and companies will look at your degree.

I know GCSE's seem massive to you right now, but they are incredibly unimportant in the scheme of life.

SS
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Supersaps)

Sorry to tell you this, but they really don't matter as long as you do ok. Universities will look at your A-levels and companies will look at your degree.

I know GCSE's seem massive to you right now, but they are incredibly unimportant in the scheme of life.

SS

The thing is, I want to do medicine and save lives, and for that I have 2 study at a good uni like imperial or oxford, and that's why I'm extremely worried. I don't want to disappoint my parents either, because they love me a lot.
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

SS
^ please don't listen to this advice. Without AS exams anymore Uni's are bound to look more closly at gcse's and top uni's want strong gcse grades.And why should you not try to get the highest possibly grades even if it is 'unimportant' -__-
I'd say think of what you want to achieve - picture it.
Then sit down, turn off the phone and start from the beginning and start doing all the past papers and consolidating your learning.
You have a lot of time still to ace it - just relax and start slowly, stessing will only make you feel more stressed and isn't productive at all.

Good luck
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The thing is, I want to do medicine and save lives, and for that I have 2 study at a good uni like imperial or oxford, and that's why I'm extremely worried. I don't want to disappoint my parents either, because they love me a lot.
Actually for medicine it doesn't matter where you study. Everyone comes out (providing they pass medical school) on the same level before they start their 2 years training. I doubt any of your patients will care where you studied as they would know you're competent enough if you passed medical school.
user73867
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tcameron)
^ please don't listen to this advice. Without AS exams anymore Uni's are bound to look more closly at gcse's and top uni's want strong gcse grades.And why should you not try to get the highest possibly grades even if it is 'unimportant' -__-
Then sit down, turn off the phone and start from the beginning and start doing all the past papers and consolidating your learning.
You have a lot of time still to ace it - just relax and start slowly, stessing will only make you feel more stressed and isn't productive at all.

Good luck
I've got an outside view, looking back at doing GCSEs 10 years ago. No one cares if you did well or badly. It's worth working hard for. It's not worth dying of stress over.

Medicine is competitive for sure. But they are going to look at you as a person more. Whether you get an A or an A* at GCSE doesn't matter. As long as you get decent grades, they'll be looking at the type of person you are.

Best of luck.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3844991
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've got an outside view, looking back at doing GCSEs 10 years ago. No one cares if you did well or badly. It's worth working hard for. It's not worth dying of stress over.

Medicine is competitive for sure. But they are going to look at you as a person more. Whether you get an A or an A* at GCSE doesn't matter. As long as you get decent grades, they'll be looking at the type of person you are.

Best of luck.
no.
If they want a chance of actually getting into medical school they need strong gcse's.
Yes it won't matter so much 10 years down, but it matters now.
I can't stand when people say 'this or that exams don't matter' -__-
Anonymous #1

Best of luck.

Thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tcameron)

Good luck

Thank you very much
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The exams are less than 3 months away,
3 months away? You still got a lot of time...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%