Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where should I go from here? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I only joined the gym a month ago and I've been following this four week routine.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/work...aining-guide-0

I've got some pretty decent gains so far. I'm wondering if I should continue with the week four workout which builds on different body parts every week, or maybe the upper and lower body split. As I've just started out I want a routine to maximise 'noob gans'.

Is it better to work on the same body parts every routine or to do a split like week 4 of that routine? I've read conflicting opinions.

My goals are to build muscle and bulk.

Thanks guys

MD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I only joined the gym a month ago and I've been following this four week routine.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/work...aining-guide-0

I've got some pretty decent gains so far. I'm wondering if I should continue with the week four workout which builds on different body parts every week, or maybe the upper and lower body split. As I've just started out I want a routine to maximise 'noob gans'.

Is it better to work on the same body parts every routine or to do a split like week 4 of that routine? I've read conflicting opinions.

My goals are to build muscle and bulk.

Thanks guys

MD

I would say continue on week 4 to perfect that and begin slowly increasing again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    I would say continue on week 4 to perfect that and begin slowly increasing again
    I've been doing this for this weak. But I've been doing an additional bicep workout on tuesday and a chest workout on Thursdays just so I train these twice a week. Is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I've been doing this for this weak. But I've been doing an additional bicep workout on tuesday and a chest workout on Thursdays just so I train these twice a week. Is that okay?
    Why don't you try the icecreamfitness 5x5 workout?

I've heard this an excellent starting workout. If I recall correctly you can do it for about a year and it works the overall body and gives you sufficient resting time for muscle recovery. I've heard it's quite tiring, so you should consume the right food.

If your looking for body building exercise you can I would recommend doing the Greek body work out after.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Get a better programme. You don't need to do that much volume or number of exercises

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go home. Go home and stay there. Outside is bad.

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should follow the routine. It was created especially for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.