Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, Wimbledon's underway, so this is where we talk about Tim Henman being crap . So far he's lost his first set, but it looks like he's going to win the second :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Well, Wimbledon's underway, so this is where we talk about Tim Henman being crap . So far he's lost his first set, but it looks like he's going to win the second :eek:.
    Tim won't lose this game, I guarantee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    How about the match? Just won the second set! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is phew! What a nail-biter. Why does Tim always do this to us? Hopefully hell play better now. And now he's broken the 1st game in the 3rd set.

Btw, Safin's out, after dominating one and a half sets. Lost his cool as usual. One broken racquet as usual too.

ReputationRep:
    At the beginning of the programme they showed someone handing out Tim Henman stress balls to the crowd! - I need one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hopefully hell play better now.
    The words Tim Henman fans live by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    And how...

ReputationRep:
    Trust you lot to go and start new threads when there's a perfectly good one already here :mad:. So Henman - what's that all about, eh?

ReputationRep:
    HE'S ONLY GONE AND BLOODY DONE IT!!!!! (took his time...)

ReputationRep:
    Well done Tim.

Good game, and showed his class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Well done Tim.

Good game, and showed his class.
    Yeah. He also showed his shiteness though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. He also showed his shiteness though.
    No, he played very well.

When he couldn't convert his match points, that was nerves more than anything else, and most of those shots were winners from Philipousis, and not unforced errors that he made.

ReputationRep:
    No, he played very well.

When he couldn't convert his match points, that was nerves more than anything else, and most of those shots were winners from Philipousis, and not unforced errors that he made.
    No, he showed his major flaws, i.e. complacancy and the inability to maintain form beyond the second set. If he played every set as well as his first he'd be right up there with the best. Sadly it never is. But once he got to the third set he was making typical "lazy" shots.

ReputationRep:
    No, he showed his major flaws, i.e. complacancy and the inability to maintain form beyond the second set. If he played every set as well as his first he'd be right up there with the best. Sadly it never is. But once he got to the third set he was making typical "lazy" shots.
    The second set was very good as well.

I just think Philipoussis was getting better as the game when on, and it put Henman under a bit of pressure, but he managed to handle it and win the game.

ReputationRep:
    A few, yes. But he completely outclassed Philippousis in the first and second sets, and thoroughly deserved his win Anyone reckon he might make the final this year? I think if he plays like that, he will... he won't win it, but the final is easily within his grasp, surely!

ReputationRep:
    Tim Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL did you guys hear the aussie ( mark philoposes ) swearing? he was getting pretty angry at one point during the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    LOL did you guys hear the aussie ( mark philoposes ) swearing? he was getting pretty angry at one point during the game
    "Why are you listening out for f**king Cyclops?. The ball was out"

"Why are you giving me a warning? I should be giving you a warning because you suck".

LOL.

"Why are you listening out for f**king Cyclops?. The ball was out"

"Why are you giving me a warning? I should be giving you a warning because you suck".

LOL.
    LOOOL HAHAHAHA that was funny about the cyclops but it doesnt make sense LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    LOOOL HAHAHAHA that was funny about the cyclops but it doesnt make sense LOL
    Yes it does. Cyclops is the eletcronic machine that indicates whether the ball is out or not, or whether a fault has been made. The ball was out, and the umpire waited for Cyclops to call it, but it didn't.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.