The Ultimate Tennis Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i only watched the 1st 3 sets today, i really thought he was going to go on and lose the 4th + 5th so went and had a bath

louxxx
Hehe. It did look a little ominous at one stage.

Nothing was more frustrating than at 5-2 up in the 4th, Scud serving Tim gets 2 MP's on that, he fires aces - then only has to serve out at 5-3, loses his own serve for the first time in the match.

Then in the breaker, Double Faults the first point, hits the first Philippousis serve (a slow 2nd serve) right into the net. 0-2. Then Tim decides to play !
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Sharapova for the women's title!

She looks really buff- I mean err fit and determined and dangerous. Hopefully she doesn't meet a heavyweight before the final, I want to see more of her... tennis...
Lindsey Davenport is the only one who will give anything like a challenge to her in her half of the draw.

Totally agree - what is it with these talented (tennis wise of course) Russian / Eastern-Block ladies players all coming through the ranks.

Sharapova certainly is talented for a 17 year old, I wonder though if she groans like that at any other time.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Lindsey Davenport is the only one who will give anything like a challenge to her in her half of the draw.

Totally agree - what is it with these talented (tennis wise of course) Russian / Eastern-Block ladies players all coming through the ranks.

Sharapova certainly is talented for a 17 year old, I wonder though if she groans like that at any other time.
I saw her match against Hantuchova (on the telly :rolleyes: ), it was a demolition! Sharapova just dominated, not just in the match but she had this presence, and you can see how very focused she is on her tennis. I wonder if that makes her a boring "career girl" type. If she keeps it up though, there's a future champ in the making.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I saw her match against Hantuchova (on the telly :rolleyes: ), it was a demolition! Sharapova just dominated, not just in the match but she had this presence, and you can see how very focused she is on her tennis. I wonder if that makes her a boring "career girl" type. If she keeps it up though, there's a future champ in the making.
If you saw the interview with Sharapova you will see that she's signs up with a modelling agency.

Lets hope she doesn't do the Anna flop.

She has though already done better than Anna did on court, by winning at least one singles title !!

Maria's actually won 3 singles, and 3 doubles.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sharapova is hot

about all that shud be said
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you saw the interview with Sharapova you will see that she's signs up with a modelling agency.

Lets hope she doesn't do the Anna flop.

She has though already done better than Anna did on court, by winning at least one singles title !!

She doesn't pull punches with reference to Kournikova though does she! She dismisses comparisons by reminding people she's won things and wants to go on doing so

It's wierd seeing someone so focused so young. May prove interesting, and I might be following her career. Hopefully literally.
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I think Davenport will end her run this year, she has more experience at this level..........i think the female championship is a bit weak this year, considering the Henin and the other Belgian.....Hewitt's gf are injured.......

:rolleyes:
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
She doesn't pull punches with reference to Kournikova though does she! She dismisses comparisons by reminding people she's won things and wants to go on doing so

It's wierd seeing someone so focused so young. May prove interesting, and I might be following her career. Hopefully literally.

The comparisons she doesn't like, she's a "Sharapova Mark I, rather than a Kournikova Mark II", and for me Sharapova is a better tennis player, hopefully not to be distracted by the huge potential she has in modelling.

Saying that the 16 year old, Tatiana Golovin (FRA) is up against Serena, in the 4th Round today (Tuesday), and although she's probably not going to get through with a win, I reckon she'll be a talent for the future.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
I think Davenport will end her run this year, she has more experience at this level..........i think the female championship is a bit weak this year, considering the Henin and the other Belgian.....Hewitt's gf are injured.......

:rolleyes:

Justine Henin-Hardenne, and Kim Clijsters.

Yeah it's all a tad weak, but it should make interesting viewing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads