The Student Room Group

Leaving uni accommodation early, is this allowed?

I'm living in uni halls for my first year of uni. My contract officially ends on the 18th of June, but I'm expecting that I'll have to leave on the 20th of May as I'm flying out to America to participate in the Camp America program. I'm happy to pay the rent for the month I'm not there because I recognise that I signed the contract for that length of time. I'm at Glasgow, for anyone interested. Will they consider this as an acceptable reason to leave early?
Reply 1
Nobody will care if you leave early as long as the rent's paid and you've handed your key(s) in. A lot of students will head off as soon as their exams finish.

Check the leaving process with your Accommodation Office in advance, so you understand it in advance. You don't need to be worrying about where to leave your key(s) on top of exams and preparing for your your American adventure :smile:
As long as you pay the rent they dont mind, I left my uni halls last April when my course finished and the contract ran til June =)
Original post by Demon King
I'm living in uni halls for my first year of uni. My contract officially ends on the 18th of June, but I'm expecting that I'll have to leave on the 20th of May as I'm flying out to America to participate in the Camp America program. I'm happy to pay the rent for the month I'm not there because I recognise that I signed the contract for that length of time. I'm at Glasgow, for anyone interested. Will they consider this as an acceptable reason to leave early?

As others have said, as long as you are paying the rent then they won't mind if you leave early. Just if you have summer exams check when they are before booking flights!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending