Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is access to science a good pathway and is it hard and what degree pathways can you get into?

ReputationRep:
    It's good if you want to study a science degree.
    It is hard if you are not very clever, not so hard if you are.
    You can get into all undergraduate science degrees but only at 95ish% of universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    It's good if you want to study a science degree.
    It is hard if you are not very clever, not so hard if you are.
    You can get into all undergraduate science degrees but only at 95ish% of universities.
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this now. It is quite challenging if I'm honest, but it does set you up well for university I think.
    The layout of the course is pretty full on, because you're fitting everything into one year, but doable. I do chemistry and biology with core maths, there is also a tutorial group every week where we do assessments on writing skills and presentations (really easy).
    You do two sets of exams, we just did ours a couple of weeks ago and there is the next set of exams in June. They have been a bit difficult for a lot of people but the plus side is you get to re-sit them if you don't do as well as you need to.
    There are a load of degrees you can apply for, in just my class there are people that have had offers for places on: chemistry, biomed, biochem, optometry, pharmacy, dietetics, forensics etc. I'm not sure about people from other colleges, but the people in my class that I know of have had offers from Leeds, Sheffield, York, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, Surrey etc. I'm sure there are others, but this is just the people I speak to.
    What degree is it you are interested in?

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in nursing or health care science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    I am interested in nursing or health care science
    Do you have any experience in either field? Unis value experience, particularly for mature students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Do you have any experience in either field? Unis value experience, particularly for mature students
    I volunteer in a care home

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.