Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever stared into your reflection for too long? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Especially into your eyes. I did that this evening and I felt this weird sort of feeling I can't describe. It's like looking at a strange person and I'm frankly a bit unnerved.

I resorted to Google and found a creepypasta related to this (no jumpscares or anything don't worry): http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Staring

Don't read if you want to have a good night's sleep because I certainly won't. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    All the time, I get lost in my eyes

(Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Especially into your eyes. I did that this evening and I felt this weird sort of feeling I can't describe. It's like looking at a strange person and I'm frankly a bit unnerved.

I resorted to Google and found a creepypasta related to this (no jumpscares or anything don't worry): http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Staring

Don't read if you want to have a good night's sleep because I certainly won't. :cry:
    Yes, i begin to not recognise myself... i feel strange...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this happened to me a few days ago, it indeed felt quite weird

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm like whose that? Am I real? Is my eye real?

Also when thinking about my name too, starts to sound odd, especially when repeated a few times.

I sound crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Once I spent like 30 / 40 mins looking at myself in my front facing camera, because I realised that I could actually watch myself moving my eyes and stuff if I glanced back to my phone quick enough (some narcotics may have been involved).

This sounds interesting though, I might have to try it.

ReputationRep:

I remember looking into my eyes in the mirror because of what I had been thinking about beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I see nothing.

Eyes are supposed to be "the windows to your soul"

My soul is an empty dark pit of nothingness
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, I see a mirror and want to punch it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Candyman appeared.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Narcissus?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonRocket)
    Yeah I'm like whose that? Am I real? Is my eye real?

Also when thinking about my name too, starts to sound odd, especially when repeated a few times.

I sound crazy.
    It's even creepier when you realise that you are actually seeing everything behind your eyes.

I get a bit nervous around mirrors which is bad since there's a full length mirror next to the bath tub so I can't avoid seeing myself. It's worse in the evening :cry2:

Who wants to do the thing that was in the creepypasta?

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I stare into my eyes all the time, I become transfixed and captivated. I find myself in awe!!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when the mirror mists up and if I squint I look like I have no nose like Voldemort!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when the mirror mists up and if I squint I look like I have no nose like Voldemort!
    Oh my :/ that's quite concerning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Who wants to do the thing that was in the creepypasta?
    I feel like they're implying that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my reflection will keep on smiling :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Oh my :/ that's quite concerning.
    Just the nose part it's pretty funny :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can relate to his suffering!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    Once I spent like 30 / 40 mins looking at myself in my front facing camera, because I realised that I could actually watch myself moving my eyes and stuff if I glanced back to my phone quick enough (some narcotics may have been involved).

This sounds interesting though, I might have to try it.
    I advice you not to do it at night and not be alone in the house.

When I had that experience, I was pretty relieved when I saw my mum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.