The Student Room Group

I'm struggling with yr 9 option choices, looking for some help.

I need to choose from:
>Geography
>History
>ICT
>French
>German

Just wondering if you took any of these or any recommendations.
I think I want to be an RAF mechanic which doesn't really need that many gcses so I don't really know.
Doesn't matter
Reply 2
Just take what you enjoy, you should know that best, so we can't really help you beyond that!
I need help too preferably from RADA Students.
Reply 4
Original post by Molineux Rose
I need to choose from:
>Geography
>History
>ICT
>French
>German

I think I want to be an RAF mechanic which doesn't really need that many gcses so I don't really know.

Do what you think you will enjoy the most. If you really want to be in the RAF as a mechanic make sure you focus on your maths and sciences. But maybe choose geography or history because both are very interesting and you might enjoy them if you are interested in the RAF.

*don't forget; just because you want to do your chosen choice now you may change your mind later so don't be stuck under the thought that you don't need many GCSEs or to try that hard. Always try your best because you don't know where you will be (for certain) in the future!
Ask the teachers you have about the grades you are expected.Go with the highest as it looks better on a CV
[QUOTE="Rose;62572559" Molineux="Molineux"]I need to choose from:
>Geography
>History
>ICT
>French
>German

I think I want to be an RAF mechanic which doesn't really need that many gcses so I don't really know.[/QUOTE
Do what you want to , but here are my opinions (I'm in year 10 )

Geography : great coursework , out of 10 it's around a 6 on how hard and for history same thing history can be a bit more fun or maybe geography but that's in my opinion , ICT for me is useless and I wouldn't take it because I just don't like it (again opinion ) I'm actually typing this while in French class, here's a tip , unless your good at French , don't take it , I haven't taken German but I'm guessing French is the better option , I would recommend history or geo , both are good , and ICT is really hard unless your interested in it , these are MY OPINIONS so don't let this affect what you choose
Out of these options I take
History
Geography
German
and i must say Geography is a great course and is very informative. In my personal opinion I highly prefer Geography to History. German, like any language is hard but can be enjoyable but I would suggest French being the better option as it is easier. ICT is apparently enjoyable too, so i would recommend Geography, French and/or ICT
Original post by Josh99evs
Ask the teachers you have about the grades you are expected.Go with the highest as it looks better on a CV

lol. On a CV it boils down to 10 A* - C including Maths and English, that all anyone really cares about.

OP choose what you enjoy studying, if you have an idea about what you might want to do later on you can pick subjects that will give you a base of knowledge / skills. If not just go for what you enjoy and that you can do well in.
I need to choose from:
>Geography
>History
>ICT
>French
>German

I take Geography, History and Spanish (which is a Modern foreign language so I'm going to assume it's similar to the french course) and I would suggest History because it's a really nice course. It requires hard work but nothing compared to Geography which is a full-on GCSE (in my opinion, that is). Any of your options are great though, so choose whatever you like the best :smile: Good luck!
ones where you have a balance of you being good at it and you enjoying it tbh.
Reply 11
I take History, , Geography ICT and French.

History is alright, really depends what the exam board is, I would ask your history department which topics they do as some of them are absolute ****. Geography is lovely but the coursework is pretty bad if you're a slow worker. ICT is awful, I love computers and teach myself programming but the specification is so bad, I do edexcel and the textbook is written for people who don't know what a computer is. Also, a lot of people who do it tend to be those who want to take a doss subject tbh. French is okay, I had to take a language but from what I've heard of my friends complaining about German and Spanish it's the easiest one.
I need to choose from:
>Geography
>History
>ICT
>French
>German

Hey,I'm in Yr 11 and I take Geography and French.
Geography is interesting and fun, as long as you understand it and learn the content & case studies you should do well cause it's quite straightforward to get the marks. Coursework will get a bit annoying but it helps out a lot with your overall grade.
French is fun for me cause I like the language, it involves a lot of memorising and learning new vocab for tests and the controlled assessments, if you're good at that, go for it. But, if you don't like it you might get bored with it.

I enjoy and recommend both, but think about what suits you. Still feeling unsure?
Feel free to message me if you're uncertain about these 2 subjects. Lots of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest