Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No one can give you a straight answer to this, it really depends on you.

For example, I never revised a day in my life and got an A at GCSE. My best friend revised for 3 hours daily 3 months before exams and got the same.

Your academic ability will define how much revision is required. Download a past paper and take it, that should indicate where your at, then work from there.

FYI, I do not recommend not revising like me. I got lucky, you might not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanx623)
    No one can give you a straight answer to this, it really depends on you.

For example, I never revised a day in my life and got an A at GCSE. My best friend revised for 3 hours daily 3 months before exams and got the same.

Your academic ability will define how much revision is required. Download a past paper and take it, that should indicate where your at, then work from there.

FYI, I do not recommend not revising like me. I got lucky, you might not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll download a paper now and report back D:

ReputationRep:
    Angles Revision keywords – Acute,Obtuse, Right, ReflexAngle sum in straight lineAngle sum in circleAngles in triangleAngles in parallel linesPythagoras theoremMeasurement of angles usingprotractorFractionRevision keywords :Numerator/Denominator, reciprocal,x/1 = x , Equivalent fractions.Basic 4 operations using fractions(Add, Sub, Mult, Div)Addition and subtraction using unequaldenominators.Mixed numbers.Simplification of fractionsPercentages 3 way operation (Find %, Find big number, Findsmall number)Example : 20% of 60 is 12a) Find 20% when 60 and 12are givenb) Find 60 when 20% and 12are givenc) Find 12 when 20% and 60are given Solve percentage questions usingreal life questions such as VAT, Profit/Loss.Decimal Correct to significant figures/ decimal placesConversion between fraction-Decimal-PercentagesPlace valueEstimationWrite a number in words (Example 23890) Factors and multiples (revision) Prime factors
    Algebra Revision keywords :1X = X, X/1 = X, X to the power 0 = 1, X to the power 1 is= X, When a/b = c/d , axd= bxcBasic 4 operations using algebra(Add, Sub, Mult, Div)Example : 2x + 3x = 5x 3x – x = 2x 3x X 2x = 6x^2 5x / 3x = 5/3Substitution of algebraic expressionExpanding brackets using algebraFactorising ( Both simple and secondgrade)Coordinates in a graphPlot points, Identify coordinates ina graph.Plot straight line when x = 0, y = 0Find gradientSpeed/time/distance Ratios2D and 3D shapesVarious types of trianglesand their properties (Equilateral, Isosceles etc) PolygonQuadrilateralRegular/Irregular shapesSum of internal andexternal angles in polygons.Names of polygons (Up to 9sides)SymmetryArea and perimeter of 2Dshapes and 3D shapesVolume Solve problems usingreal-time questionsVector/transformation#Planning and makingquestionnairesPictogram/ Pie chart/ Bardiagram/Scatter graph (1 sure question. Only basic for foundation)Mean/median/mode/range(Revision)Stem& Leaf diagramProbability ScaleEqually likely eventsMutually exclusive eventsExpress probability as number andpercentage (Example 0 to 1, 0% to 100%)
    h��4x�

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.