Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do I need to revise to get a C in GCSE Maths? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No one can give you a straight answer to this, it really depends on you.

For example, I never revised a day in my life and got an A at GCSE. My best friend revised for 3 hours daily 3 months before exams and got the same.

Your academic ability will define how much revision is required. Download a past paper and take it, that should indicate where your at, then work from there.

FYI, I do not recommend not revising like me. I got lucky, you might not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanx623)
    No one can give you a straight answer to this, it really depends on you.

For example, I never revised a day in my life and got an A at GCSE. My best friend revised for 3 hours daily 3 months before exams and got the same.

Your academic ability will define how much revision is required. Download a past paper and take it, that should indicate where your at, then work from there.

FYI, I do not recommend not revising like me. I got lucky, you might not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll download a paper now and report back D:

ReputationRep:
    Angles Revision keywords – Acute,Obtuse, Right, ReflexAngle sum in straight lineAngle sum in circleAngles in triangleAngles in parallel linesPythagoras theoremMeasurement of angles usingprotractorFractionRevision keywords :Numerator/Denominator, reciprocal,x/1 = x , Equivalent fractions.Basic 4 operations using fractions(Add, Sub, Mult, Div)Addition and subtraction using unequaldenominators.Mixed numbers.Simplification of fractionsPercentages 3 way operation (Find %, Find big number, Findsmall number)Example : 20% of 60 is 12a) Find 20% when 60 and 12are givenb) Find 60 when 20% and 12are givenc) Find 12 when 20% and 60are given Solve percentage questions usingreal life questions such as VAT, Profit/Loss.Decimal Correct to significant figures/ decimal placesConversion between fraction-Decimal-PercentagesPlace valueEstimationWrite a number in words (Example 23890) Factors and multiples (revision) Prime factors
    Algebra Revision keywords :1X = X, X/1 = X, X to the power 0 = 1, X to the power 1 is= X, When a/b = c/d , axd= bxcBasic 4 operations using algebra(Add, Sub, Mult, Div)Example : 2x + 3x = 5x 3x – x = 2x 3x X 2x = 6x^2 5x / 3x = 5/3Substitution of algebraic expressionExpanding brackets using algebraFactorising ( Both simple and secondgrade)Coordinates in a graphPlot points, Identify coordinates ina graph.Plot straight line when x = 0, y = 0Find gradientSpeed/time/distance Ratios2D and 3D shapesVarious types of trianglesand their properties (Equilateral, Isosceles etc) PolygonQuadrilateralRegular/Irregular shapesSum of internal andexternal angles in polygons.Names of polygons (Up to 9sides)SymmetryArea and perimeter of 2Dshapes and 3D shapesVolume Solve problems usingreal-time questionsVector/transformation#Planning and makingquestionnairesPictogram/ Pie chart/ Bardiagram/Scatter graph (1 sure question. Only basic for foundation)Mean/median/mode/range(Revision)Stem& Leaf diagramProbability ScaleEqually likely eventsMutually exclusive eventsExpress probability as number andpercentage (Example 0 to 1, 0% to 100%)
    h��4x�

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.