CoreyonPCin1080p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello all.

Im just wondering if there is ethernet internet connections in accommodation, solely for the reason that im planning on taking my computer with me. Ill be using a laptop/tablet formnotes etc. But the PC will be in my room for study, gaming and such.

Fingers crossed that there is :P
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CoreyonPCin1080p)
Hello all.

Im just wondering if there is ethernet internet connections in accommodation, solely for the reason that im planning on taking my computer with me. Ill be using a laptop/tablet formnotes etc. But the PC will be in my room for study, gaming and such.

Fingers crossed that there is :P
Hi Corey, we've just spoken to Accommodation for you and our accommodation now has wifi connection so most of the ethernet cables have been removed. However, there are still some locations which feature it. If you have an idea of where you're applying for, give us a call on 0114 225 5555 and ask for Accommodation. Then, they'll be able to give you further details about the specific accommodation.

We hope that helps!

Thanks,
Laura & Hannah
(Official Hallam reps)
DavidB_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trigon definitely provides ethernet ports which, unlike on wi-fi, don't require you to log in to StudentCom (our ISP). I'd suggest getting in touch with the staff at your prospective accommodation to check.
Emma-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know Archways and Leadmill Point have them in the bedrooms and they provide an ethernet cable with each room still as part of the tenancy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.3%
No (271)
75.7%

Watched Threads