Turn on thread page Beta

The Catcher in the Rye and A Clockwork Orange comparison watch

ReputationRep:
    For my English coursework I'm comparing The Catcher in the Rye and A Clockwork Orange. I'm not asking anyone to do this for me as I already have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do and a good foundation of it. I just want to know if there's any ideas I may have missed out or are better than my current ones as I am really trying to get top marks with this.

So does anyone have any good comparative ideas relating to these two books?
    I'm currently structuring my essay around the alienation of Alex and Holden.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kparker420)
    For my English coursework I'm comparing The Catcher in the Rye and A Clockwork Orange. I'm not asking anyone to do this for me as I already have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do and a good foundation of it. I just want to know if there's any ideas I may have missed out or are better than my current ones as I am really trying to get top marks with this.

So does anyone have any good comparative ideas relating to these two books?
    I'm currently structuring my essay around the alienation of Alex and Holden.
    How about doing something like "To what extent to the male protagonist challenge the views of conformity to which they were written and received."

From this, one of your main points could be alienation and separation from the outside world maybe?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.