Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Creative ways to make money Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just been chatting about Zoella who at 25 has managed to become extremely wealthy from chatting about make-up.

There was also a girl the other day that claimed to have made 14k just from entering competitions online... the possibilities seem endless these days!

What's the most creative way you or someone you know has made money?

ReputationRep:
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/835686/p...n-championship

15 year old Pakistani boy helped his team win over a million dollars in a DOTA2 competition.

Wasn't even a loan. Take that Donald Trump.

ReputationRep:
    In his youth, my uncle decided to go round collecting old car tyres and found a recycling/resale business, now a multi-millionaire businessman

Enterprising, industrious, resourceful, and environmentally minded :yy:

ReputationRep:
    sold cookies at school since year 7, im now a wholesale crack dealer make bout £7,500 a week at 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    What's the most creative way you or someone you know has made money?
    Paying a Nigerian to write E-books and selling them online.

ReputationRep:
    picking have done it since i was about 9
    i started on the local factories bins as there was a kitchen place, a windows and doors place, a bathroom fitter and the aqualisa shower production plant so you could pull a lot of brass and stainless steel out along with copper, lead and aluminium and well the best i had before moving on to better things was the last run at £100 back when i was 14 and whilst i got conned would have been about £600 if an adult had been selling it £100 was still at the time the most money i'd ever held in cash
    then i went on to hunting sales for silver and gold items (earrings, chains and coins were common and cheap and the better silverware was a surprise but it did happen) before moving online and handling larger quantities usually ounces now

ReputationRep:
    Matched betting can be quite lucrative if you can put time and effort into it. My mate used to earn an extra £1-2k a month from it.

Property development is also a creative way to make quite big money but again you need to have time, effort and also some money to invest in the first instance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRsteven)
    Matched betting can be quite lucrative if you can put time and effort into it. My mate used to earn an extra £1-2k a month from it.
    even with putting in virtually no time and effort you can make a few hundred a month with no problems at all!

ReputationRep:
    Buying bundles of clothing online, selling them on seperately for a profit works surprisingly well once you have the formula down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    There was also a girl the other day that claimed to have made 14k just from entering competitions online... the possibilities seem endless these days
    what kind of competitions?

and what period of time did she make the money over?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Selling your body to old Bulgarian men.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.