Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Sorry only just seen your reply.

Ah I'm probably going to be living in Essex somewhere as well as my boyfriend will be working in Southend for another year. We haven't started flat hunting yet but I think we're looking at somewhere like Brentwood at the moment because it's on the TfL rail line. Not looking forward to having to commute! I think we are in every day as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks like you and me will have a pretty similar commute then. I'll be coming from Theydon Bois on the central line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndieTams)
    Thank you! Do you know if there's like a Facebook group for Pg Nursing other than the general one for all offer holders?
    I was thinking of making a group for pgdip nursing so perhaps I will now. People can join even if their offer isnt unconditional as I think it would be nice to know other people anyway going through the same thing, even if we don't all end up meeting up on the course in Sept. I'll do it in a bit and copy the link to this thread

EDIT: Turns out I need to add at least one person to the group to start it. Anyone want to volunteer? If anyone wants to find me on facebook my name is Caroline Reeve (there's a picture of me with a penguin on my profile picture :P ) Just give me a message so I know it's someone from here and I can start this group for us ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyM-J)
    Congratulations! Good Luck with the APEL. Hoping to get to that stage too.

I also applied for PGDip Children's Nursing at King's College. Got an invitation to attend the interview. I haven't done the Numeracy and Literacy assessment yet, I'm guessing that I will be doing it after the interviews.

I'm getting so worry.

How was the numeracy and literacy tests?
    How many questions does the literacy test have?
    How was the MMI? What advise can you give to get through them.

Sorry dear about the questions, just seeking advice and information to help me prepare.

If you can help anyway it will be rearly appreciatedo
    The numeracy and literacy tests were fine, there were about 15 questions for the numeracy, can't remember the literacy so well so if anyone else here can answer about that one? The only issue I found was that the time given was quite small compared to some other ones I had done so make sure you practice doing some tests to a time limit.

You'll do the interview first and then the tests afterwards if you haven't done them already. I actually quite liked the MMI compared to one on one interviews, it was nice to be more personal with one person. Just make sure you smile, take time to have a think about your answer before you say it and don't hold your hands together, lay them flat in front of you as it makes it more likely that you will use your hands to express yourself which makes you seem more confident (got that off of a youtube video :P ) The interviewers will prompt you with more questions so don't worry about having to speak for the whole time at each station. Just be enthusiastic and you'll do fine

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, quick question about the bursary. On the Kings site I read somewhere that PGDip students get the full amount as we don't get student finance. It doesn't say this anywhere on the NHS bursary page though. I was just wondering if anyone had found out any info about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allthatjas94)
    Hi everyone, quick question about the bursary. On the Kings site I read somewhere that PGDip students get the full amount as we don't get student finance. It doesn't say this anywhere on the NHS bursary page though. I was just wondering if anyone had found out any info about this?
    I was also wondering about this too. Doesn't seem to say anything like this anywhere on the bursary site. I've done my application and I'm just getting my evidence together. Will keep you posted when they make a decision to see if it is the full amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazcar19)
    This is really useful info, thanks for sharing I did a bit of biology in my first year of uni and we did a bit of neuroscience as part of psych so im hoping it helps a bit but I love biosciences so pretty excited to get stuck into that.The amount of times I've been told that the PGDip is intense, is worrying haha.
    No worries Yeah it's all I ever hear, the BSc students keep calling me crazy but the PGDip students I meet all love it so I guess it's a "grass isn't greener on the other side" moment if such a thing exists?! :P

I was thinking of making a group for pgdip nursing so perhaps I will now. People can join even if their offer isnt unconditional as I think it would be nice to know other people anyway going through the same thing, even if we don't all end up meeting up on the course in Sept. I'll do it in a bit and copy the link to this thread

EDIT: Turns out I need to add at least one person to the group to start it. Anyone want to volunteer? If anyone wants to find me on facebook my name is Caroline Reeve (there's a picture of me with a penguin on my profile picture :P ) Just give me a message so I know it's someone from here and I can start this group for us ^_^
    I'm happy to join I've given you an add + message as I'm pretty sure the messages go into a weird subsection of the inbox now if you're not connected with someone already

ReputationRep:
    Started a facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/846748798803783/

ReputationRep:
    I've just joined the group Be nice to get to know people before we start!

ReputationRep:
    I've just joined the group Be nice to get to know people before we start!
    Definitely! Thanks for joining!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about this bursary thing, I've just submitted the online form but it made a big point at the end of saying that if we submit after the 6 month deadline we wont get any funding whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about this bursary thing, I've just submitted the online form but it made a big point at the end of saying that if we submit after the 6 month deadline we wont get any funding whatsoever
    The deadline is the start of the course so it won't accept anything 6months after that date. I'm pretty sure we will all have the evidence in before this. Don't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is the start of the course so it won't accept anything 6months after that date. I'm pretty sure we will all have the evidence in before this. Don't worry too much

Ahh that makes more sense! thanks for the clarification. I though it meant that we had to send it 6 months before the start date of the course :')

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that makes more sense! thanks for the clarification. I though it meant that we had to send it 6 months before the start date of the course :'
    The deadline of the evidence is in August (August 19th, just checked ). I've just checked my email that I got once I had sent my application off and it says:

"Any supporting evidence that we receive after six months from the start date of your academic year will be rejected and no bursary or additional allowances, including Practice Placement Expenses and Disabled Students Allowance, will be awarded"

So I think this is what you were referring to . They do word things oddly though right? I even had to read that sentence twice to make sure "after six months from..." Speak normally guys xD

ReputationRep:
    The deadline of the evidence is in August (August 19th, just checked ). I've just checked my email that I got once I had sent my application off and it says:

"Any supporting evidence that we receive after six months from the start date of your academic year will be rejected and no bursary or additional allowances, including Practice Placement Expenses and Disabled Students Allowance, will be awarded"

So I think this is what you were referring to . They do word things oddly though right? I even had to read that sentence twice to make sure "after six months from..." Speak normally guys xD
    Yes that is the bit I got muddled on. It's like they're trying to make us panic on purpose XD as if we don't already have the APELs to worry about aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bioscientist_)
    Our small and merry band is increasing, well done on your offer!
    Haha, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Not sure, I haven't really looked to be honest! I'm scared to start actually "meeting" people until I get my degree results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aah, I get you. It's all about positive thinking though, we've gotten this far so that should inspire us all to meet our conditions! It'll srsly be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the group and congratulations

Yeah it isn't too awful, my backup uni's one was definitely worse and I've passed that so don't worry. Yes mine took a lot longer than 2-3 hours too. I've just crept into the 4-6weeks since I sent mine so checking my kings apply obsessively now
    Thank you! That's good to know. I'm more concerned about getting signatures. My ex-supervisor is always super busy and one of my experiences was abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyM-J)
    Congratulations! Good Luck with the APEL. Hoping to get to that stage too.

I also applied for PGDip Children's Nursing at King's College. Got an invitation to attend the interview. I haven't done the Numeracy and Literacy assessment yet, I'm guessing that I will be doing it after the interviews.

I'm getting so worry.

How was the numeracy and literacy tests?
    How many questions does the literacy test have?
    How was the MMI? What advise can you give to get through them.

Sorry dear about the questions, just seeking advice and information to help me prepare.

If you can help anyway it will be rearly appreciatedo

Heyy, thank so much!

Can't give specific details because we signed a non-disclosure for both the MMI and lit/num. But make sure that you read the question properly and on the numeracy test if you haven't used a physical calculator in a while, get to grips with it because that's one of the things that ate up a lot of time for me. Keep an eye out on time and when you're revising, make sure you time yourself so that you get an idea of roughly how long 20 mins is. I used http://www.snap.nhs.uk/ and it was very very helpful. Don't be intimidated by the amount of people there may be (there was a good 60-80 or so in mine) and talking to people beforehand helped me relax.

For the MMI, just be yourself. It's easier said than done but I think what they look for is natural conviction of why you want to do the course and whether they think you're suited to be a nurse. The interviewers were really nice and you get sufficient amount of time to answer the questions. Don't forget to breathe and bring water

Good luck and hope it goes well for you. xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bioscientist_)
    I got along so so well with the guy who was on my first station (who I also saw again at the end). I found them okay, but it's just so hard to tell I think. I'm hating the wait though because every shift I go in the girls are asking me if I've heard back yet. Young at heart, that's all that matters

I applied to Kingston, City, LSBU as well as Kings initially. Kingston got back to me within a day and offered me interview & tests which I did in December, rang me up 2 days later with an offer. I withdrew from City and Southbank after that so it's just Kings now. I work at the hospital currently as an hca so would love to get in to the uni and get Kings as my host trust too for placement.

Are you firming Kings or have you got other offers/interviews in the pipeline too?
    Hello,
    Congratulations.
    I have also applied to Kingston, City, LSBU as well as Kings College. It is very true Kingston is good in getting back within a day and offered me interview & tests which I am going to do in May 2016. I shall be grateful if you can direct me where to find information for the interview and numeracy and litercay tests.Looking forward to hearing form you soon.
    Many thanks,
    Parama

& tests

applied to Kingston, City, LSBU as well as Kings initially. Kingston got back to me within a day and offered me interview & tests which I did in December, rang me up 2 days later with an offer

applied to Kingston, City, LSBU as well as Kings initially. Kingston got back to me within a day and offered me interview & tests which I did in December, rang me up 2 days later with an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndieTams)
    Thank you! That's good to know. I'm more concerned about getting signatures. My ex-supervisor is always super busy and one of my experiences was abroad.
    I know how you feel. It took me quite a few emails and calls to get my signature. My previous employer flat out refused to at one point. My best guess at why is because they are unorganised as a company so probably don't keep good records of their past employees. Just keep bugging them about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.