Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help please! Guy at work is driving me up the wall! Watch

Announcements

There's a crazy guy at work who since I started has basically been bugging me quite a lot, he often behaves stupidly around me and seems to single me out.

On my very first day he yelled at me 'Will you go out with me?'
    Obviously I ignored him because I'd never even seen him before, let alone spoke to him. Since then whenever its me and him alone at work he has been making rude and sexual comments to me about my friends, sometimes he makes a really loud noise with or without equipment at work to try and make me jump, especially when I'm studying.

I told him I wasn't interested because he was too short and he stripped half naked and started dancing around the staff room spraying someone's asthma medication all over themselves. He is extremely annoying and whilst I don't mind a bit of fun, I think he's going a bit far, what should I do?

I really don't know how to deal with him, he's been caught stealing stock from the store before but seemed to only get off with a warning so I doubt complaining about him to the managers would do anything

:bump:

ReputationRep:
    Is this a duplicate thread or a regular problem for people? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Um, that's is a rare site. Driving up a wall..Hmm.
    Interesting.

(Original post by Mystery.)
    Um, that's is a rare site. Driving up a wall..Hmm.
    Interesting.
    *Sight

He is that crazy haha

ReputationRep:
    Dammit Autocorrect!
    Anyway, sorry for no contribution to the post but hope it works out whatever it is!

ReputationRep:
    What do other colleagues think of him? does he have a learning disability?

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Is this a duplicate thread or a regular problem for people? Haha
    I tried speaking the business manager but she just said not to worry about him and that I caused it because of my aspergers syndrome

ReputationRep:
    Omg😂😭 reminds me of this guy at my ex work place

(Original post by chikane)
    What do other colleagues think of him? does he have a learning disability?
    Some say he is nasty to them too, although he can be funny

I don't think so, he does seem to be quite slow though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I tried speaking the business manager but she just said not to worry about him and that I caused it because of my aspergers syndrome
    Woah! That's way out of line, he's clearly acting inappropriately and your manager blaming it on you for something like that is very bad practice on her part. Is there anyone higher up you can speak to?

Woah! That's way out of line, he's clearly acting inappropriately and your manager blaming it on you for something like that is very bad practice on her part. Is there anyone higher up you can speak to?
    The store owner sometimes comes and sits in where I work but to be honest I really don't want to escalate it any higher than her. He really should have been fired for stealing but clearly she has a soft spot for him.

ReputationRep:
    Some say he is nasty to them too, although he can be funny

I don't think so, he does seem to be quite slow though
    Just make a note of everything he does and at what time that makes you uncomfortable and show it to your manager/HR.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Take it higher. Your company should have a complaints procedure in place.

ReputationRep:
    The store owner sometimes comes and sits in where I work but to be honest I really don't want to escalate it any higher than her. He really should have been fired for stealing but clearly she has a soft spot for him.
    Is it an independent store? Or a multi store company?

(Original post by chikane)
    Just make a note of everything he does and at what time that makes you uncomfortable and show it to your manager/HR.
    My manager blamed it on me because I have aspergers syndrome I somehow 'caused it'

Is it an independent store? Or a multi store company?
    It's a franchise so independant

(Original post by Fxbszmn)
    Omg😂😭 reminds me of this guy at my ex work place
    He's nuts! I never know what he's going to do when I'm on shift with him

ReputationRep:
    It's a franchise so independant
    You shouldn't have to work with someone like that and if your mama get isn't going to do anything, I'd strongly recommend making some kind of formal complaint to her superior

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.