Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you be in a long term relationship with a person that makes a minimum wage sala Watch

ReputationRep:
    I personally couldn't for a number of reasons

*Minimum wage salary

ReputationRep:
    They've probably dodged a bullet with you then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    They've probably dodged a bullet with you then
    *shots fired*

ReputationRep:
    i hope you have a miserable life and never find love mate.

Of course. I don't understand what justifiable reasons you could have to not, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blue_Mason)
      I personally couldn't for a number of reasons
      Yeah but considering the fact that I'm financially dependent on my partner it would be tough lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by acupofgreentea)
      Of course. I don't understand what justifiable reasons you could have to not, to be honest.

Well for starters, but earning a minimum wage at my age (21) is not acceptable.
      It shows that the persons lacks something that l identify in a partner.

(Original post by Blue_Mason)
        Well for starters, but earning a minimum wage at my age (21) is not acceptable.
        It shows that the persons lacks something that l identify in a partner.
        Lacks what exactly? Also, why twenty one specifically?

ReputationRep:
        I can

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by acupofgreentea)
        Lacks what exactly? Also, why twenty one specifically?

Well by that age, you either obtained or are obtaining a career, plus you should have the employment experience and the skills to make above the minimum wage.

Minimum wage is for school leavers and for the least skilled of people.
        They lack the individual passion.

ReputationRep:
        as a Christian i believe that love is nothing to do with money

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by the bear)
        as a Christian i believe that love is nothing to do with money

I am a christian myself, and I was raised with christian values, but money does have an importance in our lifes.
        You give your love ones money, you buy them gifts so money is again, important
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        I dont like to look down on any kind of jobs, a job is a job. hate people who do that, you must be so full of yourself to do that and probably not in the position to judge either...i mean are you a CEO of Apple or Mcdonalds? then shhhhh

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ihatePE)
        I dont like to look down on any kind of jobs, a job is a job. hate people who do that, you must be so full of yourself to do that and probably not in the position to judge either...i mean are you a CEO of Apple or Mcdonalds? then shhhhh
        I agree

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ihatePE)

No I am not the ceo of apple or McDonalds.
        Also I am not judging a person for wanting to earn a minimum wage, as people are meant to do such jobs.
        But if a McDonalds worker were to be my gf, it not work out on the long term.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheDimpleboy)
        i hope you have a miserable life and never find love mate.
        Given the OP's personality as evidenced by a multitude of similarly asinine threads, that's a waste of a perfectly good wish.

ReputationRep:
        Read minimum wage salsa

v confused

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Profesh)
        Given the OP's personality as evidenced by a multitude of similarly asinine threads, that's a waste of a perfectly good wish.

How dare you agree to wish such ill thought on another human being.

ReputationRep:
        Yes, if we are compatible and he is a hard worker then I couldn't care less how much he earned. Many people on minimum wage still have goals and ambitions, they just don't always include getting rich. Besides, after my masters I should be able to afford to live comfortably and see no need to leech off someone else.

ReputationRep:
        Sure why not hopefully I can earn a decent wage and her income won't matter as much

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.