Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you be in a long term relationship with a person that makes a minimum wage sala Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Dismissing my point then ey? That's what you tend to do when you're can't explain your way out of your views or adequately give a rebuttal to another's argument.

Why? I fail to see the point. For as long as you have the views you have I simply cannot respect you, and you can be as bothered by that as you like I don't really care. But when you're constantly making the threads and comments you do I find it silly for you to complain when people disagree with or don't like you and your views.

But I am just being civil, and I think you should accept my civil request of making new amendments.

I have posted many positive views and discussions on tsr, but you choose to bring up my controversial ones.

I have apologized to every tsr member that I have offended but, Tsr members are still belittling and insulting me, and it goes against tsr rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    But I am just being civil, and I think you should accept my civil request of making new amendments.

I have posted many positive views and discussions on tsr, but you choose to bring up my controversial ones.

I have apologized to every tsr member that I have offended but, Tsr members are still belittling and insulting me, and it goes against tsr rules.
    And am I not being civil? I have not insulted you nor have I verbally abused you. I have merely stated why I disagree with your views and why your views affect my opinion of you as a person.

Care to give me an example of a positive thing you have said ? Because from what I have seen your "controversial" posts heavily outweigh any positive*ones.

I have neither belittled or insulted you on this thread nor broken any tsr rules.

ReputationRep:
    I am just telling her the truth, as deep down she knows that money is important in a relationship.
    No woman wants a poor man
    I'd rather marry a happy street cleaner than a neurotic professional.

Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds, to quote the Bard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And am I not being civil? I have not insulted you nor have I verbally abused you. I have merely stated why I disagree with your views and why your views affect my opinion of you as a person.

Care to give me an example of a positive thing you have said ? Because from what I have seen your "controversial" posts heavily outweigh any positive*ones.

I have neither belittled or insulted you on this thread nor broken any tsr rules.

In this topic I have said that slavery was barbaric and should never have happened, I have also defended and helped other tsr members.
    I am just asking you to forget my controversial posts?
    Okay you're not insulting me, but they're other tsr members who stalk and insult me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    I'd rather marry a happy street cleaner than a neurotic professional.

Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds, to quote the Bard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love does not pay the bills or the mortgage.
    I am 21 years old and I know what love is, but I also live in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOL yes. omg, i dont really see the problem ?? if he could afford things for himself, and was alright with the money its ok, bc its his money. also, if he enjoyed his job im sure its fine. & if he didn't im sure we could basically work together for him to get more money or something.

ReputationRep:
    Love does not pay the bills or the mortgage.
    I am 21 years old and I know what love is, but I also live in the real world.
    I am well aware that love doesn't pay the bills. However, I do not value material goods. I wish to enter a reasonably paid profession. I know that I will never be rich, but I never want to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In this topic I have said that slavery was barbaric and should never have happened, I have also defended and helped other tsr members.
    I am just asking you to forget my controversial posts?
    Okay you're not insulting me, but they're other tsr members who stalk and insult me
    Are you seriously asking for a pat on the back for finding slavery barbaric? That should be a basic view, not something to be commended for.

No I won't just forget your controversial posts, because you constantly post them. If you don't like being criticised for your views then why are you consistently posting them and asking people for their opinions if you don't want to hear them?

What other members do has nothing to do with me in this context.

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously asking for a pat on the back for finding slavery barbaric? That should be a basic view, not something to be commended for.

No I won't just forget your controversial posts, because you constantly post them. If you don't like being criticised for your views then why are you consistently posting them and asking people for their opinions if you don't want to hear them?

What other members do has nothing to do with me in this context.

No, but I am just giving you an example.
    I like to see everyone's opinions,and i accept everyone's opinions.
    But there is a saying called forgive and forget, and you must forget and move on.
    My threads are controversial but thought provoking.

ReputationRep:
    But there is a saying called forgive and forget, and you must forget and move on.
    You've shown on here many times you don't accept everyone's opinions, you go as far as to tell people they're not being truthful about their opinions purely because you don't agree with them/ cannot comprehend them.

I don't have to do anything. Your views, opinions and values form who you are as a person. They are the very things that make you who you are. So why should I just forget the things that make you who you are and pretend I respect you? I simply don't, and I'm not going to be dishonest about it.

Thought provoking...sure.

ReputationRep:
    You've shown on here many times you don't accept everyone's opinions, you go as far as to tell people they're not being truthful about their opinions purely because you don't agree with them/ cannot comprehend them.

I don't have to do anything. Your views, opinions and values form who you are as a person. They are the very things that make you who you are. So why should I just forget the things that make you who you are and pretend I respect you? I simply don't, and I'm not going to be dishonest about it.

Thought provoking...sure.

Okay Sophie, but not agreeing to accept, forgive and forget just makes you a smaller person, as I have forgiven you and other rude tsr posters.
    I have plenty of tsr members that respect me and my views

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Okay Sophie, but not agreeing to accept, forgive and forget just makes you a smaller person, as I have forgiven you and other rude tsr posters.
    I have plenty of tsr members that respect me and my views
    That is your opinion, but I disagree no it doesn't. I'm not exactly holding a grudge for something you did or said years ago and have since changed. I'm holding an opinion of you based on your current views. You seem to think you're entitled to a get off scott free card and undying respect from others regardless of what you say or do. Well I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Good for you, but they have nothing to do with me and are irrelevant in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    There are countless things I think more important than money.

ReputationRep:
    That is your opinion, but I disagree no it doesn't. I'm not exactly holding a grudge for something you did or said years ago and have since changed. I'm holding an opinion of you based on your current views. You seem to think you're entitled to a get off scott free card and undying respect from others regardless of what you say or do. Well I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Good for you, but they have nothing to do with me and are irrelevant in my opinion.

So why are you punishing me for having an opinion that is not causing harm?
    I am currently not offending anyone, so I do have the right to not be judged, I do deserve respect.
    You're a rude person.

ReputationRep:
    You did not accept what I said just today on this very thread that how much someone earns wouldn't affect whether I wanted to date them.

IF you ask people's views you need to be able to understand that not all of those views will be the ones you want to hear.

No-one needs to 'forgive and forget' the awful opinions you have when you still have them and won't apologise for them.

ReputationRep:
    So why are you punishing me for having an opinion that is not causing harm?
    I am currently not offending anyone, so I do have the right to not be judged, I do deserve respect.
    You're a rude person.

I'm not "punishing" you. Please explain how this is in any way a punishment? Or can you just not deal with being disliked? And I have already explained the harm aspect of this argument.

No, no one has the right not to be judged. Clearly you have and continue to offend people on this forum on a daily basis. I personally don't think you do deserve respect. And I don't care how much you disagree, if you can't handle the fact that I don't respect you then perhaps you should block me and stop responding to my comments?

I have not been rude in this thread to you at all. I have been quite civil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    You did not accept what I said just today on this very thread that how much someone earns wouldn't affect whether I wanted to date them.

IF you ask people's views you need to be able to understand that not all of those views will be the ones you want to hear.

No-one needs to 'forgive and forget' the awful opinions you have when you still have them and won't apologise for them.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)

But I have actually apologized, but you must have not seen it.
    Yes and I accept that, but I should still be given another chance

ReputationRep:
    But I have actually apologized, but you must have not seen it.
    Yes and I accept that, but I should still be given another chance
    Why so I give you 'another chance'? I don't owe you that. You tried to tell me that I was wrong about what I want from a romantic relationship, telling me I 'need a man to provide' for me. I do want a loving, mutually supportive relationship but that doesn't need to be with a man. And when I say 'supportive' what I'm looking for is emotional support. I want to be with someone who meets my emotional needs and wants me to meet there's.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.