Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have my A2 grades already (sat them last year) and achieved ABBC in maths, biology, physics and chemistry respectively. I want to apply for audiology or physiotherapy (haven't fully made up my mind as of yet). What is the final deadline for submitting an application (Bearing in mind these courses rarely come up in clearing for the 'highly ranked' universities I presume).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYear123456)
    Hi there,
    I have my A2 grades already (sat them last year) and achieved ABBC in maths, biology, physics and chemistry respectively. I want to apply for audiology or physiotherapy (haven't fully made up my mind as of yet). What is the final deadline for submitting an application (Bearing in mind these courses rarely come up in clearing for the 'highly ranked' universities I presume).

Thanks
    The deadline for courses beginning in September 2016 was January 15th 2016, with the deadline for medicine courses and courses at Oxbridge was October 15th 2015.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thanks
    For Audiology you might be ok - all 10 courses are still listed as open to new applicants (http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...&Page=1&flt7=1) although this might be an oversight - you should contact any university before submitting a late application

Physio there also seems to be a reasonable selection open to applications http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...&flt8=2&flt9=1 (more if you're willing to compromise and go for chiropractic/osteopathy instead).

For both though you need to pick a single subject. You can only provide a single PS and this must be 100% focused on the course and career you're applying for.

ReputationRep:
    The main deadline for UCAS has passed but if you check on UCAS or with the uni you want to apply to, some may still accept applications. I know some art and design courses have the deadline until sometime in March. I know that's no use to you but you should check :P

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for equal consideration has passed (it was 15th January), meaning that if you apply now then universities can reject you because of when you applied. However, they may still have places available.

If your course is listed as being available in Extra, then ensure that you ring up the uni to check that there really are still places available before applying. This is because it is very common for courses to erroneously be listed as available when they are actually full.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    The deadline for equal consideration has passed (it was 15th January), meaning that if you apply now then universities can reject you because of when you applied. However, they may still have places available.

If your course is listed as being available in Extra, then ensure that you ring up the uni to check that there really are still places available before applying. This is because it is very common for courses to erroneously be listed as available when they are actually full.
    Even though some universities aren't showing though, presumably because they are full, the places could still appear during clearing though.

If I apply now, can I still use all 5 choices, plus the extra?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Even though some universities aren't showing though, presumably because they are full, the places could still appear during clearing though.

If I apply now, can I still use all 5 choices, plus the extra?
    If they're likely to be in clearing they're open for late applications

You get 5 choices if none make you an offer or you reject your offers you'd be eligible to use extra

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.