Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend going on lads holiday... Please help I am going out of my mind :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is planning to go to Spain with two of his friends for a "lads" holiday in the Summer and I am absolutely terrified that's he's going to cheat on me. It doesn't help that I have severe anxiety, so I can't tell if I'm thinking irrationally or not.

Does anyone have any experiences of their other half going away and it being fine? I'm so worried that because it's in a foreign country he won't care about a kiss, oral, sex whatever because I'll never find out... And it doesn't help that one of the guys he's going with cheated on his girlfriend the last time they went out together... Great influence :/

I would raise my worries with him but recently my anxiety has been so bad it's put a lot of pressure on us so I don't want to cause what could be more trouble if he gets annoyed at my lack of trust.

We are in a serious 2 year relationship and he's never done anything before. I don't know, are my worries justified, or is it just my anxiety thinking for me? I need some kind of reassurance because I am sat here right now so nervous I can't even eat.

ReputationRep:
    Have faith my dear,

If he cheats he is not worth your investment.

You should never assume someone will cheat, have faith in them, there are decent people out there I can assure you of that. You gain nothing from worrying, if you are right, you are right, if you are wrong, you are very, very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This is anxiety talking. A relationship without trust is nothing. If he loves you he won't cheat. If you genuinely believe that he'll cheat just because he's not in the same country as you for a few days then your relationship has bigger problems than a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I was going through the same thing as you back in July. And honestly, all I can say is if he truly loves you he won't cheat. He'll have a blast partying but if he puts you in high regard he won't do anything with any girl. And being away from you will make him miss you more than usual. Don't be too worried,trust him and let him have fun.

And if he does cheat? You dodged a huge bullet so move on and find someone better

ReputationRep:
    It's the anxiety.

What are you worried about? Why are you with him if you don't trust him?

Just chill out, let him enjoy himself an he can tell you all about it when he gets back. Just don't go on and on and on and give him 'rules' or make it seem like you don't trust him because that's just not funny.

ReputationRep:
    There are no two words in the English language that I despise more than "lad's holiday"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.