The Student Room Group

ripped jeans in islam...?

I know ill probably receive a lot of mixed views but I want to know...
I have a pair of ripped jeans, not proper holes there s like thread over it or something but when your legs are bent you can see a tiny bit of the skin on my right knee...
I'm also a muslim girl and my dad got upset that I wore them. I was also wearing a knee length dress and hijab but when I sat down you could probably see a tiny bit of skin...
Is it wrong to wear them? Is my dad right? or is it permissible even though my outfit wasn't fitted...?

Scroll to see replies

As far as I know about clothes and Islam, your clothes shouldn't show skin, be tight-fitting or see-through.
Original post by sumayyahj
I have a pair of ripped jeans, not proper holes there s like thread over it or something but when your legs are bent you can see a tiny bit of the skin on my right knee...
I'm also a muslim girl and my dad got upset that I wore them. I was also wearing a knee length dress and hijab but when I sat down you could probably see a tiny bit of skin...
Is it wrong to wear them? Is my dad right? or is it permissible even though my outfit wasn't fitted...?

of course it is wrong. If you are asking as a muslim. and you do know it is taboo in islam. so why are you asking ?
Original post by mangala
who cares if ur religion is so strict that u cant show ur knees then ur religion is stupid

Thats such a triggering statement, where do you get off on saying such a statement?! Omg i cant even right now.
Reply 4
Original post by heineken
Thats such a triggering statement, where do you get off on saying such a statement?! Omg i cant even right now.

i butter my toast by teabagging a tub of butter and slapping my balls on the toast mate
Crikey. I know it's your religion and everything, but non-Muslims reading this will find it both extremely controlling and completely alien when people have to ask others for advice on something as innocent as a slither of knee showing!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by uberteknik
Crikey. I know it's your religion and everything, but non-Muslims reading this will find it both extremely controlling and completely alien when people have to ask others for advice on something as innocent as a slither of knee showing!

yeah, I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that your own father might be mad at a tiny bit of patella ??? I'm actually not hating just thoroughly confused :frown:
Original post by sumayyahj

the bigger issue is whether your jeans are Levis - because they were invented by a jewish dude - uh oh!
Sister, ripped jeans aren't allowed because it shows skin and bits of your figure.
Original post by mangala
who cares if ur religion is so strict that u cant show ur knees then ur religion is stupid

Why don't u mind ur language our Islam cares about our identity because of boys cause boy annoy girls by picking on them so they say to wear full clothes so u don't get picked on
Reply 10
youre not gonna go to hell for showing a bit of skin lol

also, i think its worth considering why modesty for women is so insisted upon in islam in the first place. mainly to protect the woman, right? so that they can go about their daily life without being sexualised? no one's gonna look at your knees and think "mmm sexy knees cant wait to hit that" unless they have a super weird fetish.
Original post by Arima
youre not gonna go to hell for showing a bit of skin lol

also, i think its worth considering why modesty for women is so insisted upon in islam in the first place. mainly to protect the woman, right? so that they can go about their daily life without being sexualised? no one's gonna look at your knees and think "mmm sexy knees cant wait to hit that" unless they have a super weird fetish.

They do tho... it makes them think of the other skin...
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
They do tho... it makes them think of the other skin...

i mean...... everyone has skin. if i see the skin on my hand i wouldn't immediately think about the skin on my Boob
Reply 13
No honey
you need to put a hijab on you knees :colonhash:
You have no idea how many guys you're gonna attract with those sexy knees of yours :rofl:
Reply 14
It's what our religion believes in, you shouldn't be calling
Sister unfortunately it’s not permissible as they show skin Maybe wear leggings underneath if you really need to wear them So sorry you got the idiot replies on this thread Islam is not stupid Islam is truth peace and love and all sacrifices we make in this life will better our journey in Jannah ignore the haters n idiots they’ll be the ones burning in purgatory
sister why knee length dress why not ankle length, and no skinny jeans, they were made by the devil himself
So men can walk around topless but women can’t wear slightly ripped jeans?

Seems fair(!)
jesus christ
Original post by username2356681

honestly, its up to you and whether you're willing to listen to your parents or not (which unless its unreasonable or your relationship with your parents is complicated you should be lol)

Islamically, the whole idea is to be modest right? And ripped jeans are hardly the most immodest thing in the world :laugh:

It really isn't a big deal sis, if you feel like those ripped jeans clearly show skin, wear leggings underneath them.