Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ripped jeans in islam...? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know ill probably receive a lot of mixed views but I want to know...
    I have a pair of ripped jeans, not proper holes there s like thread over it or something but when your legs are bent you can see a tiny bit of the skin on my right knee...
    I'm also a muslim girl and my dad got upset that I wore them. I was also wearing a knee length dress and hijab but when I sat down you could probably see a tiny bit of skin...
    Is it wrong to wear them? Is my dad right? or is it permissible even though my outfit wasn't fitted...?

As far as I know about clothes and Islam, your clothes shouldn't show skin, be tight-fitting or see-through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumayyahj)
    I have a pair of ripped jeans, not proper holes there s like thread over it or something but when your legs are bent you can see a tiny bit of the skin on my right knee...
    I'm also a muslim girl and my dad got upset that I wore them. I was also wearing a knee length dress and hijab but when I sat down you could probably see a tiny bit of skin...
    Is it wrong to wear them? Is my dad right? or is it permissible even though my outfit wasn't fitted...?
    of course it is wrong. If you are asking as a muslim. and you do know it is taboo in islam. so why are you asking ?

ReputationRep:
    who cares if ur religion is so strict that u cant show ur knees then ur religion is stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    who cares if ur religion is so strict that u cant show ur knees then ur religion is stupid
    Thats such a triggering statement, where do you get off on saying such a statement?! Omg i cant even right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Thats such a triggering statement, where do you get off on saying such a statement?! Omg i cant even right now.
    i butter my toast by teabagging a tub of butter and slapping my balls on the toast mate
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Crikey. I know it's your religion and everything, but non-Muslims reading this will find it both extremely controlling and completely alien when people have to ask others for advice on something as innocent as a slither of knee showing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Crikey. I know it's your religion and everything, but non-Muslims reading this will find it both extremely controlling and completely alien when people have to ask others for advice on something as innocent as a slither of knee showing!
    yeah, I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that your own father might be mad at a tiny bit of patella ??? I'm actually not hating just thoroughly confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumayyahj)
    the bigger issue is whether your jeans are Levis - because they were invented by a jewish dude - uh oh!

ReputationRep:
    Sister, ripped jeans aren't allowed because it shows skin and bits of your figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    Why don't u mind ur language our Islam cares about our identity because of boys cause boy annoy girls by picking on them so they say to wear full clothes so u don't get picked on

ReputationRep:
    youre not gonna go to hell for showing a bit of skin lol

also, i think its worth considering why modesty for women is so insisted upon in islam in the first place. mainly to protect the woman, right? so that they can go about their daily life without being sexualised? no one's gonna look at your knees and think "mmm sexy knees cant wait to hit that" unless they have a super weird fetish.

(Original post by Arima)
    youre not gonna go to hell for showing a bit of skin lol

also, i think its worth considering why modesty for women is so insisted upon in islam in the first place. mainly to protect the woman, right? so that they can go about their daily life without being sexualised? no one's gonna look at your knees and think "mmm sexy knees cant wait to hit that" unless they have a super weird fetish.
    They do tho... it makes them think of the other skin...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They do tho... it makes them think of the other skin...
    i mean...... everyone has skin. if i see the skin on my hand i wouldn't immediately think about the skin on my Boob

ReputationRep:
    No honey
    you need to put a hijab on you knees
    You have no idea how many guys you're gonna attract with those sexy knees of yours :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.