Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you tell someone if they smell? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I got someone in some of my classes and they're always sweaty, like sweaty armpit or something but i've never gotten the guts to tell them, i've managed to sit by them for 2 years in those classes and would die a little inside every time i swallow my spit. i know it's mean making this thread but i feel the need to rant.

ReputationRep:
    every chance you get; Eid, Christmas their birthday, your birthday, Hanuka, give em a lynx spray set. soon theyll get the hint
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    every chance you get; Eid, Christmas their birthday, your birthday, Hanuka, give em a lynx spray set. soon theyll get the hint
    lol it's not someone i particularly like either. tbh if they were my friend i'd tell them because my friendships are built around insults anyways xD

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is unacceptable and worrying for a human being to linger a foul odour.

Especially for a woman to smell is just down right wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    LMAO, hey it's my birthday.. Deodorant on me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    I had one teacher who smelled of onions and the whole class would gag as soon as we entered the room. He didn't even open the windows, was like an oven in there.

Some students even fainted once.

(Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Yes it is unacceptable and worrying for a human being to linger a foul odour.

Especially for a woman to smell is just down right wrong.
    Women are flowers am I right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by att0rney)
    I had one teacher who smelled of onions and the whole class would gag as soon as we entered the room. He didn't even open the windows, was like an oven in there.

Some students even fainted once.
    omg that sounds like torture :s I hate humid rooms to begin with, with a smell? i would probably bury my face in my bag for the whole lesson or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    omg that sounds like torture :s I hate humid rooms to begin with, with a smell? i would probably bury my face in my bag for the whole lesson or something
    Yeah, no one used to ask for help because we didn't want him to come close to us. If we were really stuck we would take a deep breath and hold it until he went back :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You should tell them. They probably don't even realise that they're letting out a bad oder.
    At least then, they can solve the problem.

Don't make them feel embarrassed about it, just you know, give them a little nudge, tell them, and hopefully they'll appreciate your honesty :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    lol all that money wasted on bathroom supplies when all you have to do is tell them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)

Women sweat less and are meant to have less of a body odour.
    Plus hygiene is a part of femininity

ReputationRep:
    I'd do more than tell them. I've no limits.

ReputationRep:
    LIES. Women perspire like mad in the night, have you ever slept next to one...who was alive too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Happy Birthday!
    It's not actually my birthday, was just imagining the scenario in my head but thanks :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    happy birthday, al mail you one over haha

ReputationRep:
    there is a guy I sit next to in one of my classes and he smells a little bit but I dont think we are "friends" enough for me to straight out say and I would feel really mean/rude. However if it WAS one of my friends, I'd probably drop hints or buy them a deodorant set because if your friends don't tell you who will?

Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    You certainly not a flower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.