The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I decided about 6 months ago that I want to do Chemical Engineering. Basically because I am good at Maths, and Physics, and reasonably good at Chemistry, and out of my AS Levels these are probably my favourite subjects. Also I prefer the idea of an applied subject as opposed to pure.
Reply 21
You guys are so lucky you've already found something you want to do. Thing is, I don't think that there is a course for me, I've been looking since the start of year 12 and decided (and changed my mind) around 300 times.

I have posted on the boards for Maths, Medicine, Chemistry, Pharmacy, CompSci, Healthcare, each time convinced I've found something I want to do. Then after around a day, I change my mind.

I don't know if it's asking too much for a course that I enjoy, with reasonable career prospects, with entry requirements of AAB - BBB.
I've known for well over a year (music). It was always an obvious decision for me though, and I based my A level choices around it in a way.
Reply 23
I always though I wanted to do chemistry (or atleast, this year I've been settled on chemistry) until, well, today! I'm ow thinking of History, but I really do not know. I take Bio, Chem, Maths and Hist, so as you cans ee I was always more sciency than artsy.

I think I could live without Chemistry but I could not live without History... even though I moan about the work I do actually enjoy it. Although I still love Chemistry. I just don't know anymore :frown:
Well, History would probably be easier to keep on the side than Chemistry. But if you enjoy History more, then you might as well go for it. Sorry, that was extremely unhelpful lol!
Reply 25
Lol, that's quite okay.

I just don't know. I'm finding my love of Chemistry rapidly declining because I can't seem to understand the mechanisms/ apply them. Learning the conditions has become quite a test too, whereas I seem to have no problem with History at the moment.
Reply 26
Since about year 9, I've been between Law, English and History, but when it came down to picking my A level options and I had to decide between French and Music, I knew that if I wanted to do Law, the best option would be French and yet something was telling me that I couldn't cope without doing Music. I then looked into doing Music degrees and I haven't looked back since.

The ultimately great thing for me is that next year I can drop my fourth AS (Religious Studies) and take up French at AS as it's on at the same time!

NM
Reply 27
Ill probably end up studying Sociology at Degree level then do a Masters in Public relations.

Took a while for me to figure that out though so dont worry.

Latest

Trending

Trending