Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is in the wrong? Me, her or both? Watch

Announcements

Hey, I have been dating my partner for over two years now and we get on really well. We both study and don't live in the same household but we have plans for the future. My problem is I have noticed she is incredibly hypocritical.

I have a part-time job on weekends and I'm usually working at the time she wakes up so I always send a little good morning text before I clock in wishing her a great day and telling her that I love her. When I come home from work I usually do a bit more studying and then leisure time, as soon as I get in I turn on my phone (I leave it off on the bus to read a book or something) and let it load fully and allow the late texts to come. All I saw was OMG and seven messages so I assume theres an emergency only to learn she was someone who she hasn't seen in a few months. Each word WAS LIKE THIS and made out like something special happened.

That night I was waiting for her to finish up because she is very very slow and a massive 'time-waster' who would sit down for hours on twitter and then remember she has a lot of work to do. We usually talk around 21:00 and it was now around 22:00, she usually says I'll be late or so forth but not tonight. Now I'm tired from my day and she didn't even say hello to me earlier just went on about seeing someone (seeing, not even talking to) she knew. So I thought ok around 22:30 I'll wish her goodnight because I am zonked. Next thing you know I woke up at 3:30 and I clearly fell asleep. She had sent a string of messages coincidentally around 22:30 asking where I was and if I'm ok and goodnight and X and Y. Again I sent her a good day message in the Morning and I osaid I was tired and sorry and X and Y and before I turned my phone off she replied "I sent so many messages" and that irked me because she was clearly blaming me even though she was the one who didn't say how long she would be.

So again I come home and on Sunday's its only leusire so I said to her hope you are ok, talk later and all that and she said the same but again she didn't pop up until 22:40. Her reason? "I found a hot dress and took pictures"....make of that what you will but she found a dress and was sending nudes or whatever to ANOTHER girl who lives in the Midlands. I don't even know what to say but she does this a lot, sends nudes and pictures to this one girl. Once I had to check my email on her phone and there was a folder saying "(GIRLS NAME) nudes" and I didn't even say anything about it. When she came she kept asking if I was annoyed and I make it clear that I was. The problem is she does this so so much, she'll not answer to texts because she was "talking to X" or "Taking pictures" or "putting on make-up" and I honestly don't mind but she doesn't tell me and when I get a bit annoyed she turns on the waterworks. It doesn't help she has a mental illness which is triggered when I don't give her attention and so most of the time I'll fake to be in a super jolly mood just to keep her at bay.

Saying all this however, I really love her but I think its so unfair how she treats me at times. She herself has admitted she treats me bad at times and I find it painfully annoying, she'll say "I'm not in a good mood" and then show me a snap she sent to her friends of her in make-up.

What?

ReputationRep:
    Think you kind of already know the problem here; her habits and the fact that she comes across all innocent and two-faced. You're not in the wrong IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Why is she sending another girl nude pictures of herself?! Is there a reason she has given for this? That's pretty bizarre, in my opinion. Mental illness isn't an excuse for treating you like crap and you shouldn't just put up with it. You should tell her how you feel about all this because it isn't fair on you and you don't want to end up feeling bitter or resentful. It doesn't sound like she respects your time, it's absurd that she leaves you waiting around for ages and then gets upset that you fell asleep. You shouldn't have to compromise your happiness, regardless of how much you love her.

Wow another example that just came. I spoke to her about it and she is going to bed in a flood of tears.

ReputationRep:
    Sending/receiving nudes from other people is cheating, and from the sound of how much she's texting her it's emotional cheating too. You have a lot of problems in your relationship and it seems like she isn't worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow another example that just came. I spoke to her about it and she is going to bed in a flood of tears.
    http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s...-disorder-bpd/

ReputationRep:
    If she's sending nudes to other girls she's not worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you both don't giving a flying **** about eachother. Is this an open relationship? You have no reaction knowing she's sending nudes? And she tells you straight up what she's doing like its nothing lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.