Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'll be firming Bristol soon and want to start researching possible accommodations. I definitely want to be in a very outgoing/sociable halls and was wondering if anyone knows what ones I should be looking at? I can't really find anything online which is helping.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiatt Baker (catered) is known for being one of the most sociable halls in Bristol! Basically anywhere in Stoke Bishop is sociable I've heard, although just be aware of some of the stereotypes of the halls - wills and churchill are known to be for the more 'rah' types, badock quite alternative/druggy, durdham is the quiet one and hiatt baker and university hall more 'normal'. City centre accommodation is less reliable and a bit of a 'mixed bag' as people that go there tend to get put there as their back up choice because their former choices were oversubscribed. Goldney Hall in Clifton is lovely and very sociable, however the most oversubscribed hall so barely anyone that puts it down gets it. I hope this helped!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestudent123)
    Hiatt Baker (catered) is known for being one of the most sociable halls in Bristol! Basically anywhere in Stoke Bishop is sociable I've heard, although just be aware of some of the stereotypes of the halls - wills and churchill are known to be for the more 'rah' types, badock quite alternative/druggy, durdham is the quiet one and hiatt baker and university hall more 'normal'. City centre accommodation is less reliable and a bit of a 'mixed bag' as people that go there tend to get put there as their back up choice because their former choices were oversubscribed. Goldney Hall in Clifton is lovely and very sociable, however the most oversubscribed hall so barely anyone that puts it down gets it. I hope this helped!!
    Hey do you know anything about the other places such as Manor Hall or the other ones in Clifton ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alisiabevan)
    Hey do you know anything about the other places such as Manor Hall or the other ones in Clifton ?
    Hey as far as I know, Goldney is by far the most social hall in Clifton. The others tend to very much depend upon who is there in that particular year. I've heard that there can be quite a few international students in Clifton Hill House, however both Manor and Clifton Hill are lovely too and I'm sure there will always be people who you'll get along with! I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestudent123)
    Hey as far as I know, Goldney is by far the most social hall in Clifton. The others tend to very much depend upon who is there in that particular year. I've heard that there can be quite a few international students in Clifton Hill House, however both Manor and Clifton Hill are lovely too and I'm sure there will always be people who you'll get along with! I hope this helps
    Right, sounds good thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.