Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_booker7)
    Same here! Where are you coming from? x
    Dorset. so a couple of hours away. when are you moving down to Falmouth?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in Sept, on the Fine art course, and living in a shared studybed room in the Glansley village.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryDu)
    Hi! I'm from Portugal and I might go to Falmouth this year (graphic design BA). Can someone please tell me more about the university, the course, life at falmouth (for what I've seen its not a big city... doesn't it get boring sometimes?)... I just don't know what to expect, and i'm a bit worried about the accommodations and everything, I mean, I've done some research but is not the same as talking to someone who has personal experience... And all I've seen from the uk so far was london in a school trip, so I could really use some help ahah
    Hahah, no, it's not even a city, Falmouth is a small town, the nearest city (the Cornish capital) is Truro! I live in a tiny village in Cornwall, and believe me, there is always lots to do, since Cornwall has a lot of tourism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omfgalib)
    Hahah, no, it's not even a city, Falmouth is a small town, the nearest city (the Cornish capital) is Truro! I live in a tiny village in Cornwall, and believe me, there is always lots to do, since Cornwall has a lot of tourism!
    Thanks! I already did my interview (it went really well) and just received my conditional offer, so I guess I'm really going... I don't know anything or anyone so it will be a huge change... Hope you're right and there is always something to do, and for what I've research it's not far from Truro so... maybe it will be cool... Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryDu)
    Thanks! I already did my interview (it went really well) and just received my conditional offer, so I guess I'm really going... I don't know anything or anyone so it will be a huge change... Hope you're right and there is always something to do, and for what I've research it's not far from Truro so... maybe it will be cool... Fingers crossed!
    No, it's not too far, you can go by public transport, but it's never reliable!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've applied for press and editorial photography and I haven't met anyone doing that course so if you are please say hi 😊
    My accommodation is going to be in Glasney village but I'm coming down from Hemel Hempstead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_denby)
    We have a facebook group going where we are all getting to know each other and talk about stuff like accommodation and other very random stuff. Would you guys like to join?
    Yes please ^_^

ReputationRep:
    right. I've been wanting to go to falmouth for the past 4 years.. i knew about it since i was in secondary school. BUT HOLY CRAP I AM *****ING MY PANTS IF I DON'T GET IN. I have a conditional offer of BCC ( 260 ucas points) to study film - I've got an accommodation place and i've firmed everything but Im really scared i wont make the offer! did you all get unconditional offers??

ReputationRep:
    No I got conditional most people get conditional- I'm exactly in the same position as you! Bcc but doing interior design

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I'm starting a journalism degree this September and absolutely cannot wait! I was just wondering whether anyone is going to get the freshers wristband? I'm debating whether or not to get one because I don't know if I want to go to all the events but the way they wrote about 'limited tickets at the door' on the fxu website makes me feel a little worried I could miss out.

ReputationRep:
    You should join the Freshers chat on fb, and join some chats. We're always talking about this in the Glasney chat!
    For myself, I doubt I will actually go to all 3 of those events anyway, and even if I do, I'm just going to try get queuing really early, to make sure I get in. Then I don't feel like I have to go to all of them, cause commitment and money :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I think I will do the same tbh, I don't want to waste money

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.