Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm starting the photography course in September as well I'll probably be staying in the glasney village on the Penryn campus! I'm so excited to move to Falmouth and meet new people!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'll be studying Fine Art on the Falmouth Campus this year. I intend on getting accommodation up in Glansey though because it's up with the student union and stannery bar etc. Also seems to be where most people are aiming for! I'm taking my car so if the weather is bad I'll be able to get down to the campus easy enough! I'll also be that friend with the car. Useful if anyone wants to go out of Falmouth I'm very familiar with the area and much of this south end of Cornwall, and there's some great pubs which do AMAZING food. I'll be hitting them up for sure.
    And this pub trip sounds great haha. I'm not that into clubs and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, lots of pub trips are being planned (may run out of money after a month of them but what the hell) and the more the merrier. Can't wait for us all to meet up

ReputationRep:
    It's all part of the fun of it I guess. Yeah, should be good

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm coming all the way down from Nottingham in September to study Textile Design. Really excited to move to Falmouth, going to be studying in Penryn and hoping to get accomodation in Glasney Student Village Anyone else on my course?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Jenny and Booker, great to find more people that'll be joining us down there

ReputationRep:
    Hope to see you around

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm doing television at Falmouth starting September (I also like pub crawls)

I found out some information from the accommodation people today which I thought some of you might be interested in?
    Apparently due to the University taking in hundreds more students this year a lot of the single rooms in Glasney village are being turned into shared rooms. If you're a bit like me and sharing a room doesn't suit you very well i'd highly advise looking at other accommodation choices as well which have single rooms! (Apparently there is only 300 single rooms in Glasney now, last year there were more like 600) so you know about alternatives just in case you are unlucky and don't get what you want in Glasney!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh okay, that's interesting - thanks for sharing! I'm guessing the 'other accommodation choices' are places like the Sidings, but as far as I'm aware most of the rooms there are prioritised for mature/returning/postgraduate students. It's certainly going to be an interesting application period!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am coming for illustration and can't decide which accomadation!!! I have an offer for Norwich and they have an amazing art student halls with ensuite and just a short walk away where as at falmouth it seems they halls are all very small, eg 30 people in the whole halls?? Or on the penryn campus.... I'm so confused which accom to pick and its fustrating that I love falmouth uni but their accommodation is such a let down! Any ideas/opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyclrke)
    I am coming for illustration and can't decide which accomadation!!! I have an offer for Norwich and they have an amazing art student halls with ensuite and just a short walk away where as at falmouth it seems they halls are all very small, eg 30 people in the whole halls?? Or on the penryn campus.... I'm so confused which accom to pick and its fustrating that I love falmouth uni but their accommodation is such a let down! Any ideas/opinions?
    http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/accommodatio...uth-university

That tells you everything you need to know about all the different types of accommodation they have.

Personally im going for glasney student village. Illustration is on the falmouth campus i think? But even then the bus ride is only 10 minutes. Ive been in glasney before and i think its pretty good. Good sized rooms, double beds and an ensuite. If you'd rather be closer to the falmouth campus though I'd go for armyn house. Its one of the cheapest but still, from the pictures ive seen, seems really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I'm going to Falmouth to study Animation and I'm both excited and horrified at the same time. Especially because I'm an international student which makes this experience even more wild and crazy I'm struggling to decide what to choose for accommodation. Can anyone give me advice as to what to do? (Ps. Anyone want to be friends? I'm so scared that I'll be alone and friendless there it's insane)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ting Ting Loh)
    Hi there! I'm going to Falmouth to study Animation and I'm both excited and horrified at the same time. Especially because I'm an international student which makes this experience even more wild and crazy I'm struggling to decide what to choose for accommodation. Can anyone give me advice as to what to do? (Ps. Anyone want to be friends? I'm so scared that I'll be alone and friendless there it's insane)
    Hey I'm going to be studying at Falmouth as well to but fine art, I'm quite scared to cause of moving but really looking forward to it . I'm going to try and get either Armyn house or The View, cause they are really close to the Falmouth campus and and the prices are quite good compared with others.

ReputationRep:
    I see! It's nice to meet you Are you going for single, twin or bunk? I still can't decide :/ international student as well?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for single room or even double bed if i can have that luxury lol no I'm not international student, where you from?

ReputationRep:
    My goodness how does one reply directly to messages 😂 (sorry new to student room) I'm from Malaysia are you from someplace near Cornwall? Oh cool! I really want a single room too but I'm too chicken and scared I'll not have friends 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hahaha same i literally got student room today no idea what i'm doing 😂 no im not close to falmouth I live outside of london... if you go for a singlr room you still have flate mates as you'll be haring the rest of the house

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they don't have living rooms in Glasney which makes socializing with others petty difficult D: (I feel like a parent who's trying to figure it how FB works)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ting Ting Loh)
    Hey! Oddly enough, I'm from Malaysia too and I'm applying for Animation as well. I'm currently waiting for my interview that's coming this Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pewpewdieyou)
    Hey! Oddly enough, I'm from Malaysia too and I'm applying for Animation as well. I'm currently waiting for my interview that's coming this Wednesday.
    nice to meet you!!!! yaaaay another malaysian im so happy right now. hope the interview goes well!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.