Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading that Nottingham makes unconditional offers to candidates with high predictions and excellent personal statement but it was some time ago - do they have this scheme in 2016 for undergraduate applicants or they winded it up?

ReputationRep:
    I think I saw a few unconditional offers for pre-A2 applicants either in the 2016 applicants thread or more likely in the 2016 offer holders thread, not 100% sure though.

Also why is your profile pic broccoli

ReputationRep:
    They do still have this scheme, yes. Those who are deemed 'high achievers' (I'm not exactly sure what the criteria are but it is related to personal statement, achievement to date and predicted grades) will get an offer which becomes unconditional if picked as firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael362)
    I remember reading that Nottingham makes unconditional offers to candidates with high predictions and excellent personal statement but it was some time ago - do they have this scheme in 2016 for undergraduate applicants or they winded it up?
    I dont think my personal statement was that amazing and my achieved grades but i got an unconditional anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babeydeka123)
    I dont think my personal statement was that amazing and my achieved grades but i got an unconditional anyway
    do you mind me asking what your grades were ? gcse, as , predicted??

ReputationRep:
    St Catharine's College, Cambridge
    Lawn mower during Christmas 2017, unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_help)
    do you mind me asking what your grades were ? gcse, as , predicted??
    Well,I've taken a gap year this year which is prob why i got an unconditional offer (so I already had my full A-level results when i reapplied in jan)
    But for GCSE I got A in English Language and B in maths and the rest where a mixture of B's and C's ...so alltogether about 2A's 5B's and 3C's
    For AS i got AAC
    For A2 I got A*A*C

ReputationRep:
    Yes- it's for "high acheivers" as previously said so you are chosen according to your GCSEs, AS grades, predicted grades and personal statement. I was notified about it when my offer came through on UCAS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.