Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm a mature student and I have received an offer for pharmacy! I'm totally hyped! Considering a year ago I was working in a dead end job with no prospects...Now I'm heading to University to study something which I can make a career of some description. I'm pretty sure I'm going to firm.

How hard was the first year of pharmacy school?

What is the night life like?

What halls would you recommend? I don't want to fall into the category of being put in with a load of quiet people..Because I feel that I want to go out and I'm pretty outgoing.

Thanks for all your help,
    Jo
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteta)
    Hey guys,
    I'm a mature student and I have received an offer for pharmacy! I'm totally hyped! Considering a year ago I was working in a dead end job with no prospects...Now I'm heading to University to study something which I can make a career of some description. I'm pretty sure I'm going to firm.

How hard was the first year of pharmacy school?

What is the night life like?

What halls would you recommend? I don't want to fall into the category of being put in with a load of quiet people..Because I feel that I want to go out and I'm pretty outgoing.

Thanks for all your help,
    Jo
    Hi,
    I don't study pharmacy so I can't help with the first question I'm afraid, hopefully someone else can, however I can tell you all about Reading!

The nightlife in Reading is great, we have the biggest nightclub in Reading in our Union on campus on Wednesday and Saturday, so you don't need to travel anywhere and it has student prices! Out in town their are loads of options with Q club, Matchbox, Lola Lo's and Sakura! All play different types of music, are on different days and have theme nights, especially in freshers week! Most people get a taxi into town so between 6 or so of you it's really cheap! As well as that we have loads of pubs, restaurants etc around Reading which you can sit in as well a very convienient McDonalds! If you wanted to stay on campus we also have an amazing quiz night as well as a karaoke and comedy night!

The park halls group, so Mackinder, Childs and Stenton are the closest to Park Bar which is where most people spend their time before going out and meeting up with people, so being closer to Park Bar would definitely be the place for you and their is loads of option in the Park Halls group! You can't really help the type of people you are with in halls but I'm sure you'll get people you get on with!

Feel free to ask anymore questions,
    Amelia, Second Year studying history and archaeology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi,
    I don't study pharmacy so I can't help with the first question I'm afraid, hopefully someone else can, however I can tell you all about Reading!

The nightlife in Reading is great, we have the biggest nightclub in Reading in our Union on campus on Wednesday and Saturday, so you don't need to travel anywhere and it has student prices! Out in town their are loads of options with Q club, Matchbox, Lola Lo's and Sakura! All play different types of music, are on different days and have theme nights, especially in freshers week! Most people get a taxi into town so between 6 or so of you it's really cheap! As well as that we have loads of pubs, restaurants etc around Reading which you can sit in as well a very convienient McDonalds! If you wanted to stay on campus we also have an amazing quiz night as well as a karaoke and comedy night!

The park halls group, so Mackinder, Childs and Stenton are the closest to Park Bar which is where most people spend their time before going out and meeting up with people, so being closer to Park Bar would definitely be the place for you and their is loads of option in the Park Halls group! You can't really help the type of people you are with in halls but I'm sure you'll get people you get on with!

Feel free to ask anymore questions,
    Amelia, Second Year studying history and archaeology
    Hey, thank you for the reply...It is greatly appreciated! See you in September hopefully!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.