Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for communications and media at Bournemouth, and have recently realised how much I enjoy production so am wondering if there is any practical on the comms and media course?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitRose0912)
    So I applied for communications and media at Bournemouth, and have recently realised how much I enjoy production so am wondering if there is any practical on the comms and media course?
    Thanks
    Hi Caitrose0912,

I am a student ambassador here at Bournemouth University.

The media and communication course is more of an academic course but also includes writing scripts and short stories.

If you are more into production you may want to have a look at the media production or television production course that the uni offers. I currently study Television production and are course is production heavy, as is the media production course.

However, if you did want to study communications and media, you could also do production stuff outside of your course. The university has nerve media which runs a radio station and has its own magazine and online website. There is also jump TV which makes productions for the universities television station.

Also as a TV student, I know we ask a lot of communications and media students to be presenters on our shows.

Have a think about it and don't make any rush decisions. If you do feel like you want to look into other courses and have any questions the best people to ask are AskBU. Here are their contact details if you ever need them:

[email protected]
    01202 961916

Also feel free to ask me any other questions if you have any
    Gemma

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.