Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Focusing on college Watch

Announcements

I want to focus on college rather than girls does anyone have any advice?
    Also its so hard when everyone around has a girlfriend/boyfriend. Im 17 is it worth not getting a relationship and focusing on work? But the thing is I will always be working no matter what because I'm gonna be doing medicine so when do I get a relationship I dont want to spend the rest of my life alone

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same - everyone around me are in relationships (or getting into relationships) theres me like :///////// it's awkward, lonely :c

ReputationRep:
    I went to a boys only secondary school so things like that never really bothered me.

Aaah, don't worry about it. There's still the future to come along. Just focus on studies right now.

Focus on your work-it is better to be safe than sorry.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If the opportunity presents itself to you, take it. (Not literally, if you want to chase someone then go for it).

But if it doesn't happen at that age, don't stress out.

Anyone got any more advice

ReputationRep:
    You need to find the right balance, spending enough time on your work to achieve the grades you need whilst also enjoying your free time with your friends and girlfriend to a degree that you're happy with.

Prioritise your work and ensure that any girls you're interested in in the future and end up dating are well aware that while a lot of your time is going to be spent on your studies, when you do have free time you will give her your undivided attention and treat her as she deserves to be treated.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.