Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A mother buying alcohol while pushing a pram? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today I went shopping and in my basket was an avocado, some cheese, some bananas, some milk and then I decided to buy a bottle of wine. I then started to wonder if it looked bad to be buying wine while pushing a baby in a buggy.

So just wondered others thoughts:

1. On a normal looking woman (not a chav etc) buying food and a cheeky bottle of wine while pushing a baby in a buggy and
    2. Would your answer differ if that woman just bought wine and wasn't buying any other items? and
    3. Would that answer differ if the woman was buying nappies, formula and a bottle of wine?

Probably thinking too much into this lol.

(Original post by Sazzy890)
    Today I went shopping and in my basket was an avocado, some cheese, some bananas, some milk and then I decided to buy a bottle of wine. I then started to wonder if it looked bad to be buying wine while pushing a baby in a buggy.

1. On a normal looking woman (not a chav etc) buying food and a cheeky bottle of wine while pushing a baby in a buggy and
    2. Would your answer differ if that woman just bought wine and wasn't buying any other items? and
    3. Would that answer differ if the woman was buying nappies, formula and a bottle of wine?

No, completely normal. The woman is NOT pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...
    I would be more disgusted with anyone trying to argue against the woman having the bottle of wine...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly unless said woman is off her face in public, then I wouldn't really care.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mum of a 2.5 year old and no one cares unless you opened it and started swigging it in the shop . I've been known to have a glass of wine on a summers day when my daughters playing in the garden, I know it's hard being a youngish mother and worrying about everybody judging you but seriously relax!! I'm much more relaxed now my daughter is a bit older as the days go on you will care less and less about what people think.

ReputationRep:

I also love rabbits too!! I've got two house bunnies called Patch and Nesquik , Patch is a Harlequin Lop and Nesquik is mixed English spot with half lop ears

ReputationRep:
    Random onlookers might think you're drinking it while pregnant which is a valid concern but also a concern I've never been arsed enough to have with a stranger lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    No, completely normal. The woman is pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...
    I would be more disgusted with anyone trying to argue against the woman having the bottle of wine...
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    Random onlookers might think you're drinking it while pregnant which is a valid concern but also a concern I've never been arsed enough to have with a stranger lol
    If the baby is in a buggy she ain't pregnant with it guys.

(Original post by Captain Haddock)
    yeah after rereading my post I have realised I cannot speak english I meant to say the woman is NOT pregnant

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea that the woman is buying the wine for herself or not so you can't really judge. If she was pregnant it may raise some concerns in my head but of course it would never be my place to tell her how to live her life or make assumptions about the woman buying the wine, so why would my judgement matter

ReputationRep:
    yeah after rereading my post I have realised I cannot speak english I meant to say the woman is NOT pregnant
    OP is the woman in question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    pregnant or nah it looks irresponsible, not that it's my business either way. Unless she's drunkenly pushing the cart lol

ReputationRep:

(Original post by mango peeler)
    pregnant or nah it looks irresponsible, not that it's my business either way. Unless she's drunkenly pushing the cart lol
    You have an avatar of who I assume is you drinking what I assume is booze in a yob like fashion :-/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also wearing no socks.

ReputationRep:

to be fair wine is super healthy and it's proved to be moderate iron rich and antioxidants are high in red and white has anti cancer properties in moderation

ReputationRep:
    no, if i had to be around a child for an extended period of time i'd likely be drinking too

ReputationRep:

An opinion wouldn't even register it's just your random shopping

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, completely normal. The woman is NOT pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...
    Just want to clarify ... wine healthy. Though I do understand small moderation amounts are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Only physical punishments are acceptable in such a scenario. Its the only effective social control.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.