The Student Room Group

I need an online circle theorems tutor! GCSE

I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems are my demise! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

By the way, I'm learning circle theorems at the higher tier not the foundation tier.

I'll post some example questions soon from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

(edited 8 years ago)
Tried Khan Academy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll do it
Reply 3
Original post by noorgal
I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems literally kill me! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

By the way, I'm learning circle theorems at the higher tier not the foundation tier.

I'll post some example questions from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

They've literally killed you, but yet you're still here asking for help on circle theorems?

(Have you tried one of the video websites like http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html)
Reply 4
Original post by noorgal

I'll post some example questions from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

You should do this.
Is this the type of question that is causing you problems?

Q15.png

To solve this you need to know and understand the following

1) The angle between a tangent and a radius in a circle is 9090^{\circ}

2) The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference

3) An isosceles triangle has two side of equal length and two angles equal

As you can see solving circle theorems requires more than just the theorem you also need to know properties of triangles. (You also need to know the properties of lines, though not for this question)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by RatedRGirlx
Tried Khan Academy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'll try it soon :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by shamika
They've literally killed you, but yet you're still here asking for help on circle theorems?

(Have you tried one of the video websites like http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html)

Thanks for the link :smile:. I'm pretty new and unfamiliar with the circle theorems as I've only doing started doing them at a higher level.
Reply 8
Original post by GCSE Maths
Is this the type of question that is causing you problems?

Attachment not found

To solve this you need to know and understand the following

1) The angle between a tangent and a radius in a circle is 9090^{\circ}

2) The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference

3) An isosceles triangle has two side of equal length and two angles equal

As you can see solving circle theorems requires more than just the theorem you also need to know properties of triangles. (You also need to know the properties of lines, though not for this question)

This is so useful thank you! My teacher didn't explain this properly, hence why I'm a bit confused.
Reply 9
Original post by notnek
You should do this.

I'll post them very soon, I don't have my textbook with me at the moment, but I'll post them tonight :smile:
Happy to help
LOL
Reply 12
Original post by noorgal
I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems are my demise! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

I'll post some example questions soon from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

good giff
Reply 13
Original post by TeeEm
good giff

aww thanks :smile: Google is my friend :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by GCSE Maths
Happy to help

thank you. There's some other areas that I'm a bit confused on and i'll pm you some questions that I'm kind of stuck on. This will probably be in a couple of days as I'm incredibly busy at the moment :frown:
Trust me, you don't need one. Just go on mymaths and look at youtube videos. Thats what did it for me
Reply 16
Okay, thank you. I'll see mymaths now
Original post by TeryMery
Trust me, you don't need one. Just go on mymaths and look at youtube videos. Thats what did it for me
Original post by noorgal

[video="youtube;BDqELk2xCPU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDqELk2xCPU[/video]
Reply 18
Original post by Excuse Me!
[video="youtube;BDqELk2xCPU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDqELk2xCPU[/video]

Thank you a lot! I looks really helpful / useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest