I need an online circle theorems tutor! GCSE

Watch
noorgal
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems are my demise! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

By the way, I'm learning circle theorems at the higher tier not the foundation tier.

I'll post some example questions soon from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

RatedRGirlx
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Tried Khan Academy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coollad1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'll do it
shamika
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by noorgal)
I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems literally kill me! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

By the way, I'm learning circle theorems at the higher tier not the foundation tier.

I'll post some example questions from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

They've literally killed you, but yet you're still here asking for help on circle theorems?

(Have you tried one of the video websites like http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html)
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'll post some example questions from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.
You should do this.
GCSE Maths
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Is this the type of question that is causing you problems?

Name:  Q15.png
Views: 262
Size:  91.0 KB

To solve this you need to know and understand the following

1) The angle between a tangent and a radius in a circle is 90^{\circ}

2) The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference

3) An isosceles triangle has two side of equal length and two angles equal

As you can see solving circle theorems requires more than just the theorem you also need to know properties of triangles. (You also need to know the properties of lines, though not for this question)
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by RatedRGirlx)
Tried Khan Academy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks I'll try it soon
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by shamika)
They've literally killed you, but yet you're still here asking for help on circle theorems?

(Have you tried one of the video websites like http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html)
Thanks for the link . I'm pretty new and unfamiliar with the circle theorems as I've only doing started doing them at a higher level.
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by GCSE Maths)
Is this the type of question that is causing you problems?

Attachment 502073

To solve this you need to know and understand the following

1) The angle between a tangent and a radius in a circle is 90^{\circ}

2) The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference

3) An isosceles triangle has two side of equal length and two angles equal

As you can see solving circle theorems requires more than just the theorem you also need to know properties of triangles. (You also need to know the properties of lines, though not for this question)
This is so useful thank you! My teacher didn't explain this properly, hence why I'm a bit confused.
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by notnek)
You should do this.
I'll post them very soon, I don't have my textbook with me at the moment, but I'll post them tonight
GCSE Maths
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Happy to help
Onlineslayer
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
LOL
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm pretty decent at maths, but circle theorems are my demise! Can someone please help me tackle this topic. I'm learning it at school and my teacher keeps picking on me and I don't know what to say.

I'll post some example questions soon from my textbook and someone please give me tips and the right method to answer these questions.

Thanks immensely,

Noor

good giff
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by TeeEm)
good giff
aww thanks Google is my friend
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by GCSE Maths)
Happy to help
thank you. There's some other areas that I'm a bit confused on and i'll pm you some questions that I'm kind of stuck on. This will probably be in a couple of days as I'm incredibly busy at the moment
TeryMery
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Trust me, you don't need one. Just go on mymaths and look at youtube videos. Thats what did it for me
noorgal
Rep:
Okay, thank you. I'll see mymaths now
(Original post by TeryMery)
Trust me, you don't need one. Just go on mymaths and look at youtube videos. Thats what did it for me
Excuse Me!
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
noorgal
Rep:
(Original post by Excuse Me!)
Thank you a lot! I looks really helpful / useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise