Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Journey to Success Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    Trust me, binomial takes the absolute piss 😬😬😬😬
    I've always used the edexcel heinemann textbook (there's a solution bank for all of the answers online), most people I know use these text books for all maths modules as the exam style questions are similar to that of the exam.

I'll post a picture of the book on this thread tomorrow if you like?

Wow, that's so cool. My school didn't bother with a seperate stats gcse.
    Binomial?? Now I'm confused. :confused:

I'm not too sure which one that is. If you post a picture that would be great!

I did quite a few extra GCSE's, I did 11 in total. It wasn't compulsory, but I chose to. Don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Binomial?? Now I'm confused. :confused:

I'm not too sure which one that is. If you post a picture that would be great!

I did quite a few extra GCSE's, I did 11 in total. It wasn't compulsory, but I chose to. Don't know why.
    Yeah binomial expansion which is chapter 3 in the c4 syllabus

Here's the textbook brand I use:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  530.1 KB

Attachment 502231502233
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Attachment 502231502233
    Aaah such a clean and shiny book. I love new looking maths books :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Aaah such a clean and shiny book. I love new looking maths books :love:
    Cutie! Haha, I like to keep my books in good condition

ReputationRep:

Attachment 502231502233
    Oh that, I like that.

I know which book that is now, I have that for C1 and S1. Thank you lovely! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Oh that, I like that.

I know which book that is now, I have that for C1 and S1. Thank you lovely! :hugs:

I like binomial too, but at the same time it's just longggggggg asf. It took me two days to finish the entire chapter.

The d1 version of the book is so fat and it makes my bag heavy😡

No problem!!💛

ReputationRep:
    Cutie! Haha, I like to keep my books in good condition
    YAS I always make sure to pick up the newest looking ones whenever we start our new modules :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I like binomial too, but at the same time it's just longggggggg asf. It took me two days to finish the entire chapter.

The d1 version of the book is so fat and it makes my bag heavy😡

No problem!!💛
    I feel so crazy how I expected to get C3 and C4 past papers out the way by February, must have been high. :rofl: I'm no where near finished with covering C3 and C4 content, let alone past papers. :emo:

LOL I remember some girl at my college used to bring a suitcase. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    YAS I always make sure to pick up the newest looking ones whenever we start our new modules :laugh:
    Me too!! Although I bought this one second hand and it has Asian writing on some of the pages (like it's sooo neat).

ReputationRep:
    I feel so crazy how I expected to get C3 and C4 past papers out the way by February, must have been high. :rofl: I'm no where near finished with covering C3 and C4 content, let alone past papers. :emo:

LOL I remember some girl at my college used to bring a suitcase. :toofunny:
    Lmfao😂😂 how far are you into c3/c4 with the content ?

Oh we have some girls that bring suitcases and people trip over them sometimes 😭

ReputationRep:
    Me too!! Although I bought this one second hand and it has Asian writing on some of the pages (like it's sooo neat).
    Must have belonged to a girl cause Asian boy handwriting is utter trash :3

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow so you can make the final judgement

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow so you can make the final judgement
    Looking forward to it :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I usually found Asian boys to have the neatest handwriting ever! :dontknow:

Lmfao😂😂 how far are you into c3/c4 with the content ?

Oh we have some girls that bring suitcases and people trip over them sometimes 😭
    I've only done a few C3 exams questions here and there. As for C4... lel I got nothing.

Back to the phone emojis. :mob: I wasn't brave enough to take a suitcase though I did think of it. :ahee: My arms held the heavy books.

ReputationRep:

I've only done a few C3 exams questions here and there. As for C4... lel I got nothing.

Back to the phone emojis. :mob: I wasn't brave enough to take a suitcase though I did think of it. :ahee: My arms held the heavy books.
    Maybe East asians. But deffo not ones from the South East!

ReputationRep:

I'm just hoping I don't forget the earlier topics in c4 now that my undivided attention is on integration

My brave soilder

ReputationRep:
    Maybe East asians. But deffo not ones from the South East!
    Oh sorry I mean't South Asian lads. They seem so tidy when it comes to writing.

I'm just hoping I don't forget the earlier topics in c4 now that my undivided attention is on integration

My brave soilder
    Just flick back in the book every now and then just so you refreshed your brain on it.

LOL Far from it par-dadi ji.

ReputationRep:
    Before I discuss what I have worked on during 08/02/16-14/02/15 I will need to update on what I have already done before 08/02/16.

Mathematics:

C1:
    • Done several past papers achieving an average of a grade A, but still not getting full marks.
    • Haven't really timed myself so this is one this on the to-do list
    • I need to make a table and tick off which papers I've done to keep track of the ones I still haven't completed
    C2:
    • Again, completed several past papers, though achieving a grades A/B
    • Not timed, need to time myself in the future
    [For C1 and C2 I didn't find it necessary to go over the content before going into exam questions]

C3:
    • Done a few trigonometry exam questions here and there to get myself going
    • Not many exam papers
    C4:
    • ... yeah there's nothing here.
    S1:
    • Past papers - haven't kept track of which ones I've done :facepalm:
    • Quite a few exam questions for things which I think I need help on
    S2:
    • Similar to C4
    • I did a paper a long time ago...
    History:

Tsarist Russia:
    • Covered every topic, and made notes
    • Summarised everything on an A3 sheet (very proud of that :yep: )
    Nazi Germany:
    • Made notes on up to topic 1, started topic 2
    Books I use:

Mathematics:

I was thinking about getting a book for C3 and C4. Though, I'm not sure if I should. I don't really use my C1 and S1 books, but that might be the matter of fact that I don't need much help for it. What do you guys think, do you think I should? I do feel like I need help with C4.

History:

For History (HIS1H and HIS2M) I use the Hodder Education my revision notes AS AQA History books. I love these books! They have all the content summarised so well. After every page it has a task to do which I complete if I find that part challenging. I've been using these books throughout my revision. I also have the AQA AS History Tsarist Russia books that are exclusively endorsed by AQA. This book is far more detailed, I use this if I feel the other book omits anything.
    ________________________________ ________________________________ _________________

Week Commencing 8/02/16

Monday (8/02/16):

Started off pretty slow... A C2 paper I completed and marked and achieved 65/75 ≈ 87%. I made silly mistakes, need to be more careful with my calculations. I did the right method but got the wrong answer in places. :facepalm: I need to practice Geometric Series, it's so simple but I'm forgetting it. :cry2: I've planned to get that covered for this week by following ExamSolutions for my assistance. When marking this paper I used questions similar to the ones in the paper for me to do as practice. This took longer than expected as I made sure I understood where I've gone wrong.

Also did some History, Nazi Germany. I learnt the whole of topic 1, I can talk about 1933-34 now with confidence. There's a lot more to it than I thought. I also made notes on topic 2. After I make notes I usually speak to myself about it. :rofl: I look away test myself to see what I know, if I get stuck I look back, remember it and test myself again.

I was still ill, had to go to the Doctor. :sick: The strain on my eyes didn't allow me to do as much as I liked.

Tuesday (9/02/16):

Another C2 paper. I still haven't marked this one! I think I've lost it. :cry2: I found the exam alright.

Started my summary sheet for Nazi Germany and made notes from the book.

Very ill today. :sick:

Wednesday (10/02/16):

Tried out some Geometric Series question. I have no idea why I get so stuck on something so simple. If I find something difficult I tend to create a step-to-step guide to help me remember how to do it. But I can't manage to do this in this case, the questions seem to be quite different. Still need more practice with this!

I decided to check how many UMS marks I need in order to get an A in History. Looks like I need to change my goals. I need 99 UMS in each AS History exam in order to get an A overall in the AQA History A Level. :bawling: I haven't ever heard anyone achieving above 95 UMS in any History exam. I think my goal is now ABB. :erm:

Did a timed Tsarist Russia past paper question that was a 12 marker. Achieved 9/12. I need to revise content!

Thursday (11/02/16):

C3 Past Paper. I need to revise Trigonometry - there's so much to cover. Again to assist me I will use ExamSolutions. I scanned through the C3 exam specification, Numerical Methods is one section I couldn't remember so well so I revised through this thoroughly.

Friday (12/02/16):

Friday's are usually a busy day for me, other than revision I get caught up with other tasks.

I only covered some content for History, both Tsarist Russia and Nazi Germany.

Saturday (13/02/16):

Just read through notes for History. I admit I was being lazy.

Sunday (14/02/16):

Valentines Day. :flutter: I did C3 exam questions, mostly trigonometry. Getting the hang of it now!

Plan for this week:
    • Make some sort of tracking sheet of the past papers I'm doing for Maths
    • Start with C4 and S2 and don't be scared fgs :ninja:
    • More exam questions for History alongside covering the content
    • Complete History A3 summary sheet for Nazi Germany
    • Speed up with my revision, I am being too slow.
    ~ Stop wishing, start doing.

ReputationRep:
    Week Commencing 15/02/16

This week I have been far more productive. :woohoo: I have been trying new techniques of revision since I get bored revising very easily, particularly with Maths when it becomes repetitive. :unsure: Before you Mathematicians thrash me, let me clarify that I do enjoy Maths a lot, it just get's so tedious - particularly S2. :shakecane:

Goals for the Week:

Achieved:
    • Make some sort of tracking sheet of the past papers I'm doing for Maths → I've just started going in order for the past papers I do. I know if I make a tracking sheet I would spend excessive time on this. I rather get going with these past papers then waste time organising which ones to do by making a list etc.
    • Start with C4 and S2 and don't be scared fgs → Attempted S2! :u: I did miss it, but after doing a few papers I recalled most things, I think I'm doing okay.
    • More exam questions for History alongside covering the content → Did more exam questions and I am improving! I'll cover more about this in the History section.
    • Speed up with my revision, I am being too slow. → As I said earlier, I have been far more productive this week. :ahee:

Incomplete goals:
    • Start with C4 and S2 and don't be scared fgs → I am so scared to give C4 a go. Ugh I think I've left it till late. :cry2: I should do a few papers this week, or else... :bawling:
    • Complete History A3 summary sheet for Nazi Germany → I'm almost done, I promise! I've just got one and a half sections to go.

Monday (15/02/16):

Most of my day was spent arguing over the phone with regarding my phone, that's another story. :sigh: Other than that nonsense, I was able to complete History notes up to the end of topic 2.Talked to myself about that section. Yes I talk to myself about History - it's a great revision technique (for me anyways).

Tuesday (16/02/16):

Met up with a friend in the Library. Spoke for only about half an hour, shocking I know. :closedeyes: We both completed a C3 paper and marked it. I got a B, seriously need to do more past papers for C3 (didn't note which one it was, damn it). Ugh. Other than that me and my friend looked at sections where we didn't do too well and completed some questions from exercises to get the hang of it. I took a break and went back to do the same paper, I think that wasn't a good idea. :erm: I got an A. :embarrassed:

Wednesday (17/02/16):

Today was an applicant day, but I was too afraid to go there alone. Someone tell me if they've been in the same position as me too? I start shaking and have trouble breathing by just thinking about it. I need to give myself more time out to prevent my anxiety attacks which have been having quite often recently. I did a C3 paper (2006) achieved 55/73 ≈ 73% not bad but could be better. :erm:

As for History, I completed topic 1 on my summary sheet.

Thursday (18/02/16):

Nazi Germany, my summary sheet almost completed topic 2 on summary sheet. Read through this many times to remember the content. Help me find new revision techniques please. :bored:

Friday (19/02/16):

I went running today! :woo: I'm glad I was bothered, though it was only half an hour only. Hopefully better next time. Completed topic 2 on Nazi Germany summary sheet.

Saturday (20/02/16):

C3 revision on trigonometry. I was stuck on one question for so long. I realised I could also do Solomon Press papers, how did I not think of this before?! :stupido3:I also used this. It's very handy if any of you are sitting the C3 Edexcel paper.

Sunday (21/02/16):

Tsarist Russia exam questions completed: 12 marker achieved 10/12 ≈ 83% and 24 marker, achieved 16/24 ≈ 67%. I need to do more 24 markers, need more help in linking my points. :s:

Plan for this week:
    • C4 papers - just attempt it, don't be scared!
    • At least four 24 markers completed for History - try to do Nazi Germany if ready?
    • Buy the C4 book, don't delay!
    • S2 papers - at least two
    • Book an open day for a university of my choice, stop stressing
    ~In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.

ReputationRep:
    Week Commencing: 22/02/16

I need motivation. Mondays my motivated level is about 80% and by Sunday there's nothing left. Not to proud of this week. :bawling: I will get better, I will.

Goals for the Week:

Achieved:
    • C4 papers - just attempt it, don't be scared! → Did one with a friend. :yep:
    • At least four 24 markers completed for History - try to do Nazi Germany if ready? → I did about 2 and a bit.
    Incomplete goals:
    • Buy the C4 book, don't delay! → Too lazy to leave the house. :ashamed2:
    • S2 papers - at least two → The day I planned to do S2 I wasn't feeling to good.
    • Book an open day for a university of my choice, stop stressing → Nope, I was really close to, then I realised I shouldn't.
    Monday 22/02/16:

I completed a 24 marker for TR. Not impressed, 11/24≈46%. :sigh: A 12 marker in which I achieved 9/12=75%, I'm alright with that though it could be better. :erm: I later was feeling quite anxious so I decided to give myself a break in which I just organised myself for the week. Pretty long break. :laugh:

Tuesday 23/02/16:

Panic attack today, didn't do anything. I need to stop overthinking so much, it's not helping.

Wednesday 24/02/16:

Revised with friend at library. Went through a C4 paper, I felt like I've left C4 revision too late. :shot: C4 needs a lot of practice indeed. :facepalm:

Thursday 25/02/16:

Guess who's ill once again?! :sick: I attempted a C3 paper, and left it midway, and I've lost it. Great. Could not do as planned.

Friday 26/02/16:

As I've mentioned before, I'm usually busy this day. I completed a C3 paper, achieving around 80%. Could be better.

Saturday 27/02/16:

History another essay, 24 marker. Achieved 20/24≈83%. I hope I am marking these essays correctly, this is why I need a study buddy for History.

Sunday 28/02/16:

Completed section 3 for Nazi Germany. Memorised my summary sheet. Also did some Tsarist Russia note taking. I need more effective revision methods. :bored:

Plan for this week:
    • Complete Nazi Germany notes, both in book and summary sheet
    • Complete Tsarist Russia notes, both in book and summary sheet
    • Integration methods for C4, one for every day of the week from Wednesday
    • Mark any past paper for Maths I've completed
    • Go running! If not find some other fitness activity to do
    ~Do it now. Sometimes later becomes never.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.