Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS Exam dates 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my college have got their timetables for their AS Exams. I've calculated that I have about 15 Weeks until my first exam.
    Obviously I'm already panicking (Given my subjects are Bio, Chem, Physics)

What sbout you?
    How are you guys preparing?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by runningcat)
    Most people in my college have got their timetables for their AS Exams. I've calculated that I have about 15 Weeks until my first exam.
    Obviously I'm already panicking (Given my subjects are Bio, Chem, Physics)

What sbout you?
    How are you guys preparing?
    I do bio, chem, psychology and RS. I don't really feel the panic yet, when are you going to start revision or have you already?

ReputationRep:
    My AS resit for human biology is in 107 days/15 weeks, I'm going to revise 2 weeks before and do past papers a week before, I know I'll get an A in it this time around

don't worry seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    I do bio, chem, psychology and RS. I don't really feel the panic yet, when are you going to start revision or have you already?
    How are you finding Bio and Chem?
    I have started some revision not a lot that I should be doing? how about you?
    My life literally revolves around my subjects and notes as well as paperwork argh x3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    My AS resit for human biology is in 107 days/15 weeks, I'm going to revise 2 weeks before and do past papers a week before, I know I'll get an A in it this time around

don't worry seriously
    Ah I hope you do! God willing.
    Are you sure 2 weeks is enough?

ReputationRep:
    I do Spanish, Sociology, Music Technology and English Language.

I'm most concerned about Sociology, everything else will come in due course. Second of my worries is MT coursework and EPQ. I get extremely anxious and panicked in exam conditions, I've currently got my mocks so I'm concentrating on getting through each one before worrying about the actuals.

Spanish - I'm listening to Spanish news and music over my usual programmes, talking to Spanish friends 3 times a week, reading Spanish news and writing all my messages in Spanish. It comes with time and practice.

English Language - revising key techniques to answering big questions, like a framework, a few gender theories. Most of it is in my brain ability anyway you know?

Sociology - well... I'm going to do a bit every night until the exam. Mock is tomorrow. Winging it.

Music Tech - I produce in my own time, all of the technology and electronic side of the course I know like the back of my hand already eg. EQ as I use it for my hobby. Coursework is mounting up but I'm getting through it chunk by chunk. The styles are probably the most content heavy.

EPQ - Gojng to fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    Ah I hope you do! God willing.
    Are you sure 2 weeks is enough?
    Yess Unit 1 is really easy, I didn't revise at all last year which is why I got a C, I already know the content and have worked on the AS topics during A2 so all I need to do is some quick revision and then as many past papers as possible to learn from common mistakes. In fact I might revise for a week then leave 2 weeks for past papers idk

ReputationRep:
    Yep, already entered panic mode. Doing about 3-4 hours a night. Going through loads of past papers and stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.