Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University Challenge thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    bear™ was devasted by the lack of UC tonite. bear™ is all for fostering cultural inclusivity but there are limits. they can replace Top Gear with Chinese New Year.
    University of Life - bear™

Shall we write official complaints? Or get molvi to do love spell with Paxman?

No you lose 5 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    University of Life - bear™

Shall we write official complaints? Or get molvi to do love spell with Paxman?

No you lose 5 points.
    incorrect interruption EW :ahee:

BBC2 has ghost-some troubles... they need Vashikaran help with their scheduling

:bhangra:

:tong:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I've not posted in a while - I see we have a new thread.

I'm going to catch up with all the episodes now:

York Vs Peterhouse

18 correct and I beat them on, if memory serves:

Regular Graph
    Barley
    Busan
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    St Cat's Vs St John's

Very enjoyable match - very close.

18 correct again and I recall beating them on:

Faun
    White Dwarf

And possibly nothing else.

I say it a lot but if I knew the first thing about any STEM subject, classical music, opera or art I'd be much better at this
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Imperial Vs Nuffield

Only 14 correct this time unfortunately but I did get all three maths questions correct somehow (Hilbert's problems, Godel's incompleteness theorems and the Riemann hypothesis) and beat them on a few things that I remember such as paradigm and the USA's involvement in the Barbary Wars.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, after all this wait, we only need to wait 54 more minutes to be able to take part in UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE!

You already know the rules, so I won't waste time explaining them

Fingers on buzzers...

ReputationRep:
    I found tonight's episode impossibly hard, I only managed 3 correct answers.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I found tonight's episode impossibly hard, I only managed 3 correct answers.
    I had somewhere in the region of 13 - 15 which is pretty average for me. I should have done much better as I facepalmed when I heard quite a few of the answers :dontknow:

It was very enjoyable.

Just so you know, there is another thread for UC that most people post on that has been around for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    bear™ was devastated to get none of the stanza questions right :cry2:

he did beat the brains with....

Prometheus

Trent/Mersey

it's getting harder ! :eek:

surprised that JP did not go ballistic when someone said that π was an integer.... :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.