Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

non-muslim guys would you date a muslim girl? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Hydeman)
    My dislike of women covering up has little to do with my atheism. I just don't like girls who cover up too much. The same would be true for most healthy heterosexual males who weren't constrained by religion, I think.

The case against routine genital mutilation of children (i.e. carried for non-medical reasons) is overwhelming, but I'll just leave it there because I don't want to derail the thread. There are numerous recent threads on TSR on this issue and I'd recommend taking a look at them if you can. Your reasoning is a fairly common line of argument and is easily refuted with a little research into the opposition's case.

If you live in the UK, I find this very hard to believe.

Agreed.
    idk how to do the bit by bit quote thing so

on point 1: I actually agree with you, even though I'm a girl, I don't find guys who dress religiously attractive AT ALL I really don't like it (even for a husband that I'd want to be muslim/when I only wanted religious af muslim guys - lmao for ever wanting that but whatever), I know that if I was a guy I would prefer non-veiled women also it's just feels more casual and natural when you're not wearing it.

point 2: okay i'll check them out, but I still would want a circumcised man, I don't like uncircumcised

point 3: yes I do live in the UK, no we all collectively agree uncircumcised dicks look horrendous and too kind of slimy... one of my friends doesn't really care - it will always vary on what people like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    on circumcision, I think it's right - more hygienic and looks appealing, and all of my close non-muslim friends prefer circumcised penis' too
    What if I say that "vaginas look better without the inner lips going outside the labia, so we should remove them during their childhood; it's cleaner anyway. So I think it's right."

(Original post by Josb)
    What if I say that "vaginas look better without the inner lips going outside the labia, so we should remove them during their childhood; it's cleaner anyway. So I think it's right."
    labia can contribute to sexual pleasure for a women and doesn't cause hygiene problems... when has p*ss ever been "trapped" in labia it doesn't get trapped cause it not a covering it's just a flap type structure

in terms of reducing sexual pleasure when removing foreskin... majority of guys *** so quick anyway

ReputationRep:
    labia can contribute to sexual pleasure for a women and doesn't cause hygiene problems... when has p*ss ever been "trapped" in labia it doesn't get trapped cause it not a covering it's just a flap type structure
    Now you understand how guys feel when you say that "circumcision is right". It's the exact same thing for both genders.

in terms of reducing sexual pleasure when removing foreskin... majority of guys *** so quick anyway
    You already have sex with uncircumcised guys to say that?

ReputationRep:

i really hope you're joking. you're basically saying they deserve to get mutilated because of how they perform in bed lmfao

ReputationRep:
    point 2: okay i'll check them out, but I still would want a circumcised man, I don't like uncircumcised
    You do know that the overwhelming majority of non-Muslim guys are uncut right? So your thread is a bit pointless...

(Original post by Josb)
    Now you understand how guys feel when you say that "circumcision is right". It's the exact same thing for both genders.

You already have sex with uncircumcised guys to say that?
    no, this is what people say in general and some guys on here even admit to... or they have to work hard to control themselves not to

(Original post by jamiehiston)
    i really hope you're joking. you're basically saying they deserve to get mutilated because of how they perform in bed lmfao
    "deserve to get mutiliated" um no, each to their own though

for health reasons, example: Studies have shown that 75 percent of infants under 3 months of age who suffered from UTI were boys, and that 95 percent of these boys weren’t circumcised. This means that if a boy isn't circumcised when born, the chances of him getting UTI in the first year of his life increase by ten times
    (Original post by Josb)
    You do know that the overwhelming majority of non-Muslim guys are uncut right? So your thread is a bit pointless...
    I wasn't planning on putting any **** in my mouth, so no it isn't pointless, I'm not judging ever guy dependant on whether his **** is uncut or not

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't planning on putting any **** in my mouth, so no it isn't pointless, I'm not judging ever guy dependant on whether his **** is uncut or not

You said:

(Original post by Josb)
    You said:
    I meant that for the guy that I have sex with/ marry
    my mistake for not clarifying

ReputationRep:
    non-muslim guys would you date a muslim girl if she had limits on what you could do sexually with her? but you could still some stuff

or would you feel like you're missing out on sex during teen years and not even bother since your essential priorities are different?
    As a white male I find muslim/indian girls very attractive. Probably more than I do with 'white' girls.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't. I don't think her family would ever accept me and our beliefs, or, in my case, lack of, would clash.

I would, and as for any issues surrounding religious differences, marriage to non-Muslim etc I'd be inclined to cross that bridge when we come to it. It might be naïve to say but I think in the early stages of a relationship pragmatic considerations should be put aside, so even if a relationship with a Muslim girl was unlikely to work out I'd still give it a shot if she was equally willing to. That said, I'd be reluctant to date a more strictly observant Muslim because then the religious differences would be very difficult to overcome, and I'd imagine it'd be almost guaranteed not to work out unless I converted to Islam. While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of conversion, if I were to convert it would have to be out of genuine belief and not just as a prerequisite to marry a Muslim woman.

But that's thinking in the long term; in the short term there might be no issue at all, and I think it's entirely possible for the circumstances to change to become more favourable in the long term, whether that's her converting or me converting or perhaps her becoming more lenient on the issue or whatever. So I don't see such a relationship as inherently doomed.

Things like hijab, halal food, no booze, no sex before marriage etc would be of little concern to me. On the other hand I'd regard issues like marriage and children (should they be raised Muslim, should sons be circumcised etc) as far more important and contentious, but as stated above these things are really a matter to be discussed later on in a relationship. It might be argued that one shouldn't bother if the long term chances are slim, but I think to avoid the possibility of ending up with someone you might someday want to spend the rest of your life with just to avoid getting hurt by religious differences is not going to do you any favours. I think equally that's a consideration any Muslim woman who likes a non-Muslim (if that's a thing) should take into account as well.

This is probably me being over optimistic and trivialising the difficulties faced by those in interfaith relationships, but hey.

ABSOLUTELY NO BACON WAY!! Im petrified of them for starters. I do like Polish women tho.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. If they were a practising Muslim our beliefs/values would probably end up clashing, and having had non Muslim friends who've been in relationships with Muslims, I can not be arsed to deal with all the trouble that comes with their families. One of my friends has been with her boyfriend for nine years now and still hasn't met his family. This guy is in his 30s as well.

It depends how devout they are and what their families are like. One of my mates is an Indian Muslim but his family are really westernised and may as well not be Muslims as they barely follow the religion. If they were like that, then yeah. But I think a practising Muslim, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    how many times is this topic going to be recycled? I have done but her family were relatively liberal.
    The average non religious person is going to be incompatible with a religious person so unsurprisingly these occurrences are very rare and rightly so the potential destruction it can cause to families certainly isn't pretty at all lol

ReputationRep:
    no it would cause too many complications

ReputationRep:
    No. Certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    non-muslim guys would you date a muslim girl if she had limits on what you could do sexually with her? but you could still some stuff

or would you feel like you're missing out on sex during teen years and not even bother since your essential priorities are different?
    I was with a Muslim girl and sex didn't even come across my mind. We did have limits on what we could, where we could in case if anyone saw us together. We cuddled, kissed and french kissed a lot but we never done anything sexual and I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    hi Darelz as a muslim person not most of them do monogamous relation. e.g in some muslim countries some say that a husband can have four wives, lol if the husband can support them. i have dated christian and i have nothing against any one as long as we have a chemistry and is respectful. But i do understand when sex in forbidden before marriage but even in christian says so no sex before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    is not nice what you guys are saying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.