Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Excess feeding your child is abuse. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not providing a range of healthy foods for your child and preparing 'fast food' for them is worse than hitting them.

Parents of obese children should be publicly shamed.

Of course parents can't control what their children eat 100% of the time, but should help their children make good choices regarding food and teach them to limit their intake.

inb4 'some people have medical problems making them fat' and 'fast food is cheaper than healthier options' - no it's not.
    • Welcome Squad

Hopefully more people will see this and give their view on your potentially controversial claim!

ReputationRep:
    This is perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Public shaming is going too far.

I would prefer fat camps, but with a gulag twist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

dont worry, he's ringing childline right now
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FightingChance)
    Not providing a range of healthy foods for your child and preparing 'fast food' for them is worse than hitting them.

Of course parents can't control what their children eat 100% of the time, but should help their children make good choices regarding food and teach them to limit their intake.

inb4 'some people have medical problems making them fat' and 'fast food is cheaper than healthier options' - no it's not.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    It's bad parenting but it's certainly not worse than hitting them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FightingChance)

Depends what you mean by shamed.

But I agree, teaching the habit of exercise is important too.

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Doesn't have to be physical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Depends what you mean by shamed.

But I agree, teaching the habit of exercise is important too.

Doesn't have to be physical.
    They're both forms of abuse technically but I would never compare someone with a slightly overweight child to someone who beats them

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it's abuse (although it's not worse than hitting them). Although not so much on the healthy food not being more expensive than fast food.. it's cheaper than takeaways that's for sure, but what I could get from the freezer of Asda is significantly cheaper than buying fresh fruit, veg and meat; that said there are ways of making meals go far e.g. making big batches of shephards pie which you can squeeze lots of veg into etc. That said, I value the health of my child more than the health of my purse so would never buy him fast food and would still provide healthy food regardless and so should other parents.

ReputationRep:
    Parents with obese kids are normally obese themselves, so the kids end up eating the same crap as them.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree! (PRSOM)

ReputationRep:
    They're both forms of abuse technically but I would never compare someone with a slightly overweight child to someone who beats them
    Yeah, it takes a real degenerate scumbag to beat a child.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.