Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question about assessment centres Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I've been invited to my first assessment centre and the e-mail stated that we have to dress smart. Now I am going to wear a full business suit but am I allowed to wear a coat on top or should I just wear the formal jacket with nothing else on top?
    The thing is the coat that I have does not look very smart.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it will be fine. If you are that worried, take the coat off just before you enter the building. I doubt many will notice it if you are carrying it instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomest)
    Hi guys I've been invited to my first assessment centre and the e-mail stated that we have to dress smart. Now I am going to wear a full business suit but am I allowed to wear a coat on top or should I just wear the formal jacket with nothing else on top?
    Surely you can take your coat off when you get there? They can't expect you to freeze on your way to their assessment day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomest)
    You could get a new coat. If in doubt, spend money and invest in clothes. Just don't go overboard and put yourself in too much debt. You don't want to leave the assessment centre, fail, and then think 'if only I had dressed a bit smarter'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.