Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

King Edwards Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAA! Just had my interview today at Camp Hill Girls, anybody else in a similar situation! if yes, how did it go or when is it?
    How did you prepare or are you going to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine as well! I'm quite neutral about it..how was yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniiforever)
    I had mine as well! I'm quite neutral about it..how was yours?
    I'm not exactly sure, I was so a nervous wreck, hopefully it was at least ok as I had the head of sixth form interview me and she was quite friendly. Who interviewed you? What sorts of questions were you asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimingforupthere)
    I'm not exactly sure, I was so a nervous wreck, hopefully it was at least ok as I had the head of sixth form interview me and she was quite friendly. Who interviewed you? What sorts of questions were you asked?
    Oh ya I was interviewed by Mrs Johnson as well. She's lovely! She just asked me why do u wanna come CH and my back up choices and then she jus told me to tell her what I feel when for example the word blue is used. Then she just went over the process of getting accepted etc. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ya I was interviewed by Mrs Johnson as well. She's lovely! She just asked me why do u wanna come CH and my back up choices and then she jus told me to tell her what I feel when for example the word blue is used. Then she just went over the process of getting accepted etc. How about you?
    I had to read a piece of text and ten we discussed the issues surrounding it and we also talked about modern use of science, if etc... and the ending of an inspector calls as well! It was quite an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is on Wednesday ;/ what should I expect? I'm super scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    Mine is on Wednesday ;/ what should I expect? I'm super scared
    Don't worry, everyone that I came across were super friendly so there is no reason to be scared. If you don't mind may I ask what your grades are at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I had to read a piece of text and ten we discussed the issues surrounding it and we also talked about modern use of science, if etc... and the ending of an inspector calls as well! It was quite an interview!
    Oh that's great! What subjects you applied before?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, everyone that I came across were super friendly so there is no reason to be scared. If you don't mind may I ask what your grades are at the moment?
    Mostly As a couple 3Bs and 1 A*. So very bad compared to everyone else there. Idk know why they want to interview me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    Mostly As a couple 3Bs and 1 A*. So very bad compared to everyone else there. Idk know why they want to interview me
    Trust me you're completely fine. I was confused about the same thing as my grades aren't the best either. At least we reached the interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's great! What subjects you applied before?
    Biology
    Chemistry
    English Literature
    Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Biology
    Chemistry
    English Literature
    Psychology
    I applied for English lit too..what were your grades

ReputationRep:
    what did she say about the process getting accepted? xD

ReputationRep:
    wow lol your guys interviews seem a lot different from how mine went LOL mine was quite personal like not really much knowledge questions, but she was quite casual with me and had like conversations about my interests and stuff, she was really nice!
    i'm neutral about mine too, i said a few dumb things accidentally but yeah i just hope i've done enough, we should find out soon.... i just want to find out now aahhh i hate the waiting i'm trying not to get my hopes up i just really want to go there lol. i think i did OK, but i keep thinking back to dumb things i did lol but oh well. i did prepare, i just thought up things to possible questions they might ask and stuff - but i didn't prepare too much because like it would sound like i'm reading from a book and if it's over rehearsed it looks bad. ugh i keep worrying about it now but all we can do is wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloetbqh)
    what did she say about the process getting accepted? xD
    Nothing much, she just said a tht by the end of Friday when all the interviews are gonna be completed they will go over all the students with the interviewers and pick the 60 students they think are appropriate and then they will start sending letters soon..240 people got interviewed

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much, she just said a tht by the end of Friday when all the interviews are gonna be completed they will go over all the students with the interviewers and pick the 60 students they think are appropriate and then they will start sending letters soon..240 people got interviewed
    ah wow 240 people!!
    im starting to think i havent got an offer now idk why :C i really hope i can get one i hate waitinggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloetbqh)
    ah wow 240 people!!
    im starting to think i havent got an offer now idk why :C i really hope i can get one i hate waitinggg
    Even I think I won't make it! I hate thinking like that.. I reallyy want to get in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.