The Student Room Group

Do u believe in god?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ganja_Saurus
OMG your banter in every chat I've been on is on point :biggrin:

Much appreciated, sir.
Original post by Fickschlitten
Yep, that's a good plan.

From my experience, Work/voluntary experience and a decent degree (any reputable university, target, semi and some non targets) is more than enough to break into IB.

I reckon I'll end up at an asset manager of smallish size, in terms of people. Probably stay in dealing. For now though I've slightly fallen out of love with it all....
Original post by leavingthecity
I reckon I'll end up at an asset manager of smallish size, in terms of people. Probably stay in dealing. For now though I've slightly fallen out of love with it all....

You sound like you didn't have a great experience in finance, care to explain?
I don't believe in things that can't be scrutinised. As for the Abrahamaic god, no.
Original post by Fickschlitten
You sound like you didn't have a great experience in finance, care to explain?

I've had some good experiences, it's been at times exciting and good fun. There's nothing like the trading floor I guess. But I've had some very negative experiences that I've been exposed to because I'm a young woman and because I have felt that I haven't had enough education to tell people who have been quite abusive that I don't need their job and quit.
Original post by leavingthecity
I've had some good experiences, it's been at times exciting and good fun. There's nothing like the trading floor I guess. But I've had some very negative experiences that I've been exposed to because I'm a young woman and because I have felt that I haven't had enough education to tell people who have been quite abusive that I don't need their job and quit.

Fair enough, i am sorry for your bad experience.
Reply 126
No, I don't. It's very illogical to believe in an idea that has no evidence to support it. The concept was created thousands of years ago by people who had very little knowledge of the world that they lived in, consequently, they blamed things on spirits/demons and God. For example in prehistoric times, as a cure for many different illnesses, trepanning was used to release the bad spirits. Obviously nothing like that happens nowadays due to discoveries. People only really believe in God(s) in modern times most likely because they're fearful of stresses/difficulties of life and the idea of there being no afterlife, because they're uninformed or too unintelligent to understand other theories as to how the universe came into existence, or what's one of the biggest reasons for believing in God or following a religion: they've been indoctrinated from a young age.
I do believe in God. Alarmingly, I'm starting to see a lot more credit in the classical formation of theism. The theism espoused by Anselm, Augustine and Aquinas that was anchored in the metaphysics of Aristotle. I originally had confidence in the existence of God based on more contemporary metaphysical principles like the PSR and other more modern natural theology (as well as christian specific arguments like the Mcgrew's article in the Blackwell companion. Pretty much the whole book really). But work by Feser and Leftow has planted a seed. I may have to go back and see if I actually understood Aquinas' version of the cosmological argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrappy-coco
I do believe in God. Alarmingly, I'm starting to see a lot more credit in the classical formation of theism. The theism espoused by Anselm

Wasn't Anselm the one with the very shaky and downright bad ontological argument, or did he do other stuff?
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Wasn't Anselm the one with the very shaky and downright bad ontological argument, or did he do other stuff?

He is probably one of the more influential theologians in the church's history. His theology on theories of atonement are pivotal for probably most christian denominations. In fairness to his ontological argument, I'm not sure modal logic was around on his time and by creating the ontological argument he inspired the more modern, modal version of Leftlow and Plantinga.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eternalflames
I thought the word was Agnostic?

Guess I made up my own label 😁
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Guess I made up my own label 😁

Hahahah, aww it's okay. But antagonistic means this: 1.acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually. 2.hostile; unfriendly.
Hahahah, aww it's okay. But antagonistic means this: 1.acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually. 2.hostile; unfriendly.

Well I'm hostile and unfriendly so lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Believe God Exist and He Is One......

this world full with injustice and evil..

if you are super rich or from royal family, you can free from law

absolute justice only exist in afterlife

non one can run from justice in afterlife

And God is The Best Judge
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Well I'm hostile and unfriendly so lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are antagonistic of those words :biggrin: xxx
Yes.
I believe that the proof is all around us, everything must have a creator.
You are antagonistic of those words :biggrin: xxx

Only to a few 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kayemma
Yes.
I believe that the proof is all around us, everything must have a creator.

I want whatever you're taking, m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending