Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a 24 year old virgin guy who lives with his parents? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Katarvi)
    If a girl would be that bothered by you still living at home or being a virgin then she isn't the right girl for you.

As long as you explain your living situation before bringing her home to the parents place, I can't see why it would be a problem. Not ideal, sure, but when is anything ideal?

I don't know where you're going wrong, do you ask girls out very much?
    I do go on a lot of dates, without sounding arrogant. With girls I meet on online dating sites. I met up with a girl today. I thought it went well but she said we just didnt click romantically. Which i do agree with to a degree. But she said she really enjoyed it. Confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do go on a lot of dates, without sounding arrogant. With girls I meet on online dating sites. I met up with a girl today. I thought it went well but she said we just didnt click romantically. Which i do agree with to a degree. But she said she really enjoyed it. Confusing
    Maybe she was hoping for a "spark". Some girls want it to be all fireworks and electric energy and won't stop til they find it. I wouldn't take it too personally, it doesn't sound like you were that into her either? It could be worth checking out other ways to meet girls, like a club or sporting activity or volunteer work, something along those lines. Online dating can be pretty hit or miss I think, meeting someone naturally can go a lot better in my opinion.

What did you guys do for the date? Are you good at flirting?

ReputationRep:
    If I liked you and was attracted to you then yes, I would. Your virginity and where you currently live aren't that important, they only feel important because you're making it so. So you haven't found the right girl yet to sleep with and you're staying at home to save for a Masters (potentially). None of that is a bad thing, in my opinion. You've got a lot more going for you and a lot more to offer than some guys tbh.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure why you have to bring either situation up until you know whether or not she likes you? I don't think I've ever been asked about my living arrangements on a date!

As for being a virgin, that's something you can keep to yourself until after you're not

Actually I would like to ask a quesiton

Im 24 and live with my mum. I have a good job, a bit of money, and have the means to move out - heck, I already have lived outside for a couple years, but moved back in with her for two reasons
    1) she was struggling financially so i help her out. probably more expensive than getting my own place tho tbh
    2) she has a little business project I help out with

How would a girl feel about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanKing)
    If you're 18 then 24 isn't too old. Age is just a number

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True dat

Maybe she was hoping for a "spark". Some girls want it to be all fireworks and electric energy and won't stop til they find it. I wouldn't take it too personally, it doesn't sound like you were that into her either? It could be worth checking out other ways to meet girls, like a club or sporting activity or volunteer work, something along those lines. Online dating can be pretty hit or miss I think, meeting someone naturally can go a lot better in my opinion.

What did you guys do for the date? Are you good at flirting?
    I doubt ill ever meet someone in a club. Online dating seems to work for me.

We went for coffee, then a spontaneous game of mini golf, then another drink. It lasted about 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahah

LOSER

Actually I would like to ask a quesiton

Im 24 and live with my mum. I have a good job, a bit of money, and have the means to move out - heck, I already have lived outside for a couple years, but moved back in with her for two reasons
    1) she was struggling financially so i help her out. probably more expensive than getting my own place tho tbh
    2) she has a little business project I help out with

How would a girl feel about that?
    I see. Similar to me then in some ways. Its not like youre staying at home and sponging . Im guessing you contribute financially. Surely a girl would find that admirable.

ReputationRep:
    in some cultures its completely fine to still be living with your parents at that age, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I know someone your age who still lives with her parents and has been single her whole life...youre not the only one

ReputationRep:
    yes, if they found him attractive enough.....

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm getting nowhere in the dating world. I had a lot of problems with self esteem, and social skills when I was a teenager, but when I went to university I began to overcome these issues. I started meeting girls in nightclubs when I was studying but it never went anywhere, so I started using online dating 4.5 years ago. I've met several girls (60+) and had two relationships, albeit short term. I work full time now, I have a good degree, I like to go the gym, I have my own car, I play the guitar and love music, have loads of other hobbies and interests, and have a good circle of friends. So I have a lot of things going for me. Not sure how I'd rate myself in terms of attractiveness; I'm like marmite really.
    I just feel like I'm in a rut now, and I think it's for two reasons. I'm nearly 24 and live at home with my mum and brother. Also, I'm a virgin. I feel like these are two massive things that are holding me back. the latter is out of my control to a degree. I could move out, and I want to, but I also want to save up so I can either go back to uni to do a masters degree, or save up for a deposit for my own place. So I have good reasons for being at home I suppose, and a lot of positives going for me.

So would you date a 24 year old virgin guy who lives with his parents (or parents in my case)? Would you date me, going off that information there?
    If someone judges you because you live a home with your mum they clearly aren't mature enough to be with you. I have dated two older guys who both lived at home with their parents and that did nothing to change my mind about them or being with them. It clearly shows you are savvy with money and saving up as you are still there. Its about you and who you are not where you live. And the whole being a virgin thing only matters when you'e in school and trying to be 'cool' once you leave it shouldn't matter no more :-P

ReputationRep:
    I doubt ill ever meet someone in a club. Online dating seems to work for me.

We went for coffee, then a spontaneous game of mini golf, then another drink. It lasted about 4 hours
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean a nightclub but more like a book club or society of some sort. If online dating is your thing though then that's fair enough.

That sounds nice, maybe she just isn't the one for you. Keep trying and you'll find someone that's more compatible eventually! Be confident, flirt, pay her some compliments and be a gentleman, you can't go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I'm only 17 so might be abit too young lol

ReputationRep:
    So would you date a 24 year old virgin guy who lives with his parents (or parents in my case)?
    I'm straight, so no.

Anyway, I was in a similar situation (age 23 at the time) and as always the answer is, it depends on the person you're seeing and also what you make of this situation of yours. It can be both good and bad.
    Some would look down on me, thinking that I'd be useless as I've never lived on my own before and wouldn't know how to take care of myself. But really, there aren't many of these people from what I've been through.

On the otherhand, if you can show that you're a perfectly capable person, not reliant on your mother, there's no reason she can't see you as a normal person. Don't bring up the situation in a bad way else you're just defeating yourself. There's plenty of good things to say about your situation. That you're family oriented, been able to save wisely, can afford a car, etc just convey it as good fortune.

About the virgin thing. I really don't think it matters as much as you think. Just be honest about it when the time comes. Don't fake anything.

I guess the issue of living at home is jusy having privacy, and overcoming that initial barrier of inviting the girl round for the first few times. But im sure i can get over that. Anyway, if me and her wanted to sleep together, i can always use the disposable income i have to book a hotel room. And drive there. I should phrase it in a positive way

ReputationRep:
    I guess the issue of living at home is jusy having privacy, and overcoming that initial barrier of inviting the girl round for the first few times. But im sure i can get over that. Anyway, if me and her wanted to sleep together, i can always use the disposable income i have to book a hotel room. And drive there. I should phrase it in a positive way
    Depends what your family is like if they're not very intrusive having privacy isn't an issue, that's more dependent on how comfortable you are knowing your family is there. If you're honest about everything then there should be no issues :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.