Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iv been asked to attend MMI day! Has anyone ever been to one and can tell me what to expect? Any advice welcome!

ReputationRep:
    I've done one for medicine and found it a nice experience. I kinda got into it. Some places run them differently in terms of number of stations and the amount of time you get per station. I found everyone to be really friendly and everyone going round the stations were very supportive towards each other. (Even though we were each others competition).

There a quite a few online resources if you google MMI though I think most are for medicine. But you should be able to adapt the question style for nursing. Expect some basics "why nursing" "why this uni" "why not medicine" and some places run a role play or discussion scenario.

Am sure if you email your institution they will let you know if you need to expect role play and discussions or a short writing piece. My uni's did when I asked them. The worst they can say is they can't tell you. They won't give you actual questions obviously.

Good luck and enjoy it. I found it more fun than a panel interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyra1987)
    I've done one for medicine and found it a nice experience. I kinda got into it. Some places run them differently in terms of number of stations and the amount of time you get per station. I found everyone to be really friendly and everyone going round the stations were very supportive towards each other. (Even though we were each others competition).

There a quite a few online resources if you google MMI though I think most are for medicine. But you should be able to adapt the question style for nursing. Expect some basics "why nursing" "why this uni" "why not medicine" and some places run a role play or discussion scenario.

Am sure if you email your institution they will let you know if you need to expect role play and discussions or a short writing piece. My uni's did when I asked them. The worst they can say is they can't tell you. They won't give you actual questions obviously.

Good luck and enjoy it. I found it more fun than a panel interview.
    Thank you so much. Just stressing myself out as it's completely unknown to me. Il be as prepared as I can be. x

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel as thats how I felt going into mine. But I did really enjoying it and afterwards I was so hyped up on adrenaline I wanted to go round again.

Still waiting on finding out if I have an offer though...

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!

i have got an mmi interview for nursing and i do not know what to expect at all! :/

i am so nervous! can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danniep22)
    hi everyone!

i have got an mmi interview for nursing and i do not know what to expect at all! :/

i am so nervous! can anyone help?
    Hi have one for nursing too, where and when is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin1985)
    Hi have one for nursing too, where and when is yours?

Hello,

It's at nottingham in March.
    How about yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danniep22)
    Hello,

It's at nottingham in March.
    How about yours?
    Mine is for Stirling next Friday! So nervous! Bn looking at videos on YouTube, I feel so daft doing role play but guess we are all in same boat! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin1985)
    Mine is for Stirling next Friday! So nervous! Bn looking at videos on YouTube, I feel so daft doing role play but guess we are all in same boat! Good luck!
    I've sat the MMI at Stirling. It's very relaxed and informal, they're all really lovely and chatty. Everyone who attended the same session as me found it a really positive experience.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.