Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be so kind as to check my few queries? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately it's that time again: French writing exam. At least it's the last one!

I ask for those seasoned in French to help me with a few sentences I am unsure of, please. I don't feel I am getting the support I need, so I would be ever so grateful if you should take the time to help me.

—————————— —————————— —————————— —————————— —————————— —

1. Je jouais au foot tous les Mercredis (imperfect), or, j'ai joué au foot tous les Mercredis?

2. Je m'entraînais le foot même s'il avait plu!
    I trained (football) even if it rained!

3. Vu que il a meilleur salaire, en dépit du fait que c'est assez facile, est incroyablement genial!
    Seeing that it has the best salary, despite the fact that it is quite easy, is incredibly great!

4. J'étudie les mathématiques, car je considére que ce sera extrêmement utile pour mon emploi de futur, comme maintenant que j'étudie les mathématiques, je suis exceptionnellement talenteux à la comptabilité.
    -
    I study maths, because I consider that it will be extremely useful for my future job, as now that I study maths, I am exceptionally talented at accounting.

5. J'apprends le commerce, parce que j'estime que j'aurai le sens pratique.
    I learn business, because I reckon that I will have a sense of practicality.

6. Ma sœur et moi étudions Français.
    My sister and I study French.

7. J'admets que c'était fantastique pour ceux qui ne sont pas particulièrement paresseux.
    I admit that it was fantastic for those who are not particularly lazy.

ReputationRep:
    1. Both are correct, and both would be equally understood with little distinction between them
    2. You can't follow "Je m'entraînais" with "le foot", you'd have to rephrase to something like Quant au foot, je m'entraînais même quand il pleuvait
    3.Vu qu'il a meilleur salaire, en dépit du fait que c'est assez facile, [Insert noun here, or "il"] est incroyablement génial!
    4.J'étudie les mathématiques, car je considère qu'ils seront extrêmement utile pour mon futur emploi, puisque ayant étudié les mathématiques je suis exceptionnellement talentueux (à la- not sure about this, but its understandable) comptabilité.
    5. J'apprends le commerce, parce que j'estime que j'ai un sens du pratique.
    6. Ma sœur et moi sont étudiants en français
    7. all good

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ever so much for all your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.