Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i need a car first.

any offers?
    Why would you put flags on it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    i have a flag of the Confederacy, which i may put up for no reason whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Why would you put flags on it anyway?
    well i didnt say i would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    how is it common when only one person on the poll has one? :rolleyes:
    I don't mean common as in lots of people have them (although they do - this poll will be biassed because lots of people don't have their own cars). I mean common as in, erm, less socially nice? A bit like getting gold alloys or a spoiler, I think.

ReputationRep:
    urgh. "flags" and "cars" - two wrongs don't make a right.

MB

ReputationRep:
    i haven't got a car... ......i'm too young!

ReputationRep:
    I don't need a piece of fabric attatched to cheap plastic, made in China, attatched to my car to support my country, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I don't mean common as in lots of people have them (although they do - this poll will be biassed because lots of people don't have their own cars). I mean common as in, erm, less socially nice? A bit like getting gold alloys or a spoiler, I think.
    lol - fair enough. i didn;t realise there were so may ponces on here.

p.s. my flagS were made in the UK

ReputationRep:
    did you know that those silly flags have resulted in several thousand pounds worth of extra petrol expenses so far? (due to extra air resistance, therefore each journey costs a little bit more) and this means more pollution. so those little flags are a source of mass destruction really - global warming bla bla bla

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't feel the need to accessorize my car to prove I support England or Timothy Henman.

ReputationRep:
    I recently received an e-mail saying that bad drivers have to display a red cross on a white background from the top of their car door, and they have an extra flag for each extra level of bad-ness at driving they reach.

Hmmmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many people have such a problem with people putting flags on their cars? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    nah but i have the sticker on my bumper to cover a scratch ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol - fair enough. i didn;t realise there were so may ponces on here.

p.s. my flagS were made in the UK
    Yes, I'm a snob. In situations like this, not afraid to admit it

A car with an England flag nearly hit me just now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I recently received an e-mail saying that bad drivers have to display a red cross on a white background from the top of their car door, and they have an extra flag for each extra level of bad-ness at driving they reach.

Hmmmmm...
    I heard that but I heard the IQ version, the lower the IQ the more red and white flags they have to attatch to their cars. Made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one on my mum's car. It almost got destroyed on the motorway on the way back from Exeter today though! I also have a massive flag in the living room. Flags are fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Why do so many people have such a problem with people putting flags on their cars? :confused:
    I have no idea. What's wrong with wanting to show your support to your country? Fair enough if you don't want flags on your own car, but what does it matter if other people do? I like my flags and don't care if they're 'common'!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.