The Student Room Group

How to memorize fast and easily

[video="youtube;0nFkQ4cQhME"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nFkQ4cQhME[/video]

I found this video really cool. I only got 6/10 verbal but 15/15 visual. It's pretty sweet how a picture story can make things so much more simple!

Try it yourself :tongue:

Oh and here's the list of answers (in order) so you don't have to rewind the video to check the words:

Verbal

Spoiler

Visual

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You are ever selfless Student 403.

This is why you are my #1 favourite TSRian. I will never forget the love you showed me right at the beginning.

Also the visual memory test reminds me of a Family guy cut-away scene. Mostly for the chicken. :rofl:

#thirsty.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ethereal World
You are ever selfless Student 403.

This is why you are my #1 favourite TSRian. I will never forget the love you showed me right at the beginning.

#thirsty.

:cry: Awww that made my day honestly! Thanks a lot :colondollar: :hugs:
.. it would help immensely if I could draw
Reply 4
Original post by SchoolAside
.. it would help immensely if I could draw

Agreed but maybe you could google the images and paste them on a powerpoint?

Then perhaps you could go through the powerpoint trying to tell a story yourself!

Just a suggestion! :colondollar:
Reply 5
I can memorise a song no problem

Come remembering bones I can't even remember one 😭😭😭

Such is life
Original post by ZuluK
I can memorise a song no problem

Come remembering bones I can't even remember one 😭😭😭

Such is life

Stupid bint.
Original post by Student403
Agreed but maybe you could google the images and paste them on a powerpoint?

Then perhaps you could go through the powerpoint trying to tell a story yourself!

Just a suggestion! :colondollar:

You are ever selfless Student 403.This is why you are my #1 favourite TSRian. I will never forget the love you showed me right at the beginning.

It's happening.
It's happening.

What is ? :dontknow: Student403 genuinely my original TSR bezzie even if it is unrequited.
Well, i saw this video long time ago and thought that this was a quite innovative way of memorizing, but then i realized that in real life subjects such as chemistry and physics, equations and definitions can't be visualized as objects,
I mean can you "visualize" all the reactions in organic chemistry and remember them?
9 and 15 :bigsmile:

But that was certainly very interesting! Thanks for posting it! :h:
Original post by alavisteam
Well, i saw this video long time ago and thought that this was a quite innovative way of memorizing, but then i realized that in real life subjects such as chemistry and physics, equations and definitions can't be visualized as objects,
I mean can you "visualize" all the reactions in organic chemistry and remember them?

With equations, honestly it's best if you know them from first principles (this works a lot in maths - perhaps not as much in physics/chem).

And with respect to reactions, you can make up silly stories xD

Original post by Indeterminate
9 and 15 :bigsmile:

But that was certainly very interesting! Thanks for posting it! :h:

Wow well done! No problem :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
What is ? :dontknow: Student403 genuinely my original TSR bezzie even if it is unrequited.

Student403 is showing me love and it's only the beginning.

He's like a secret member of the welcome squad but actually does the proper welcoming imo and makes you feel so wanted on TSR.

He's special.

He's like a secret member of the welcome squad but actually does the proper welcoming imo and makes you feel so wanted on TSR.

He's special.

:cry2: :jumphug: aw you guys are the best!
Original post by Student403
With equations, I honestly it's best if you know the from first principles (this works a lot in maths - perhaps not as much in physics/chem).

And with respect to reactions, you can make up silly stories xD

Wow well done! No problem :biggrin:

Yah, in maths and physics, it works if u know the concept, but chemistry, well i blindly memorize and hope for the best and forget after the exams are over :')
Original post by alavisteam
Yah, in maths and physics, it works if u know the concept, but chemistry, well i blindly memorize and hope for the best and forget after the exams are over :')

Ah I know this feeling too well, unfortunately :rofl:
Reply 17
Stupid bint.

**** you :h:
7 and 15, not bad not bad
Original post by edothero
7 and 15, not bad not bad

I was so surprised it worked tbh! Even as I was writing down the visuals, I was like "yeah no way in hell am I getting 15", but somehow the story just played out in my head even though it was so random.

Crazy stuff

Quick Reply

Latest