Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys. I'm sure you get a lot of these sort of questions on these forums, however, I'm a prospective Econ student and I was wondering how the degree was in terms of job prospects. I enjoy Economics and I'm fairly sure I can do well at university. PS: I'm not applying to a UK university, I'm actually from the Middle-East. I'll most likely be attending the University of Bologna where I'll be studying for a degree in Economics & Finance. I'm assuming most of the people on here only know Italy for Bocconi isn't that rightAnyways, how would a bachelor in Economics & Finance help with my job prospects, and, is a business degree better than an Economics degree in terms of employability. I really stress on the need for employablity as my family's current financial situation is not the best right now. I do realize Bologna may not be as prestigious as many top UK unis, however, the tuition fees there are close to nothing for a degree entirely in English compared to the fees in the UK and many other European Universities.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Of the people I know who work in a managerial capacity in finance and related fields, I am certain the vast majority would prefer an economics graduate to a business studies graduate - all other things being equal. Obviously this is anecdotal and a small sample size. The truth is, it is unlikely to matter too much in the UK - the best thing you can do is to try to get some relevant experience in whatever field you hope to work in as that might set you apart from other applicants. If you want to work outside of the UK then I'm afraid I really don't know.

ReputationRep:
    im doing business management and it covers economics as well as a vast amount of other things

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.